GTA SA - girlfriend question

Is there any consequence to killing a girlfriend before you reach 100% with
her? Like not gettting 100% the completion?

<n> wrote in message news:Xns96818F5393F78n@216.168.3.50...
> Is there any consequence to killing a girlfriend before you reach 100%
with
> her? Like not gettting 100% the completion?

No there's no consequences except not being able to get their gifts.
Girlfriends and unique jumps don't count towards getting 100%. Kill away.

Dave Stone wrote:

> Is there any consequence to killing a girlfriend before you reach 100% with
> her? Like not gettting 100% the completion?

if you get something from her, such as not losing your weapons when
arrested, you lose that protection. I think you do need all girfriends
for 100% too
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I think you do need all girfriends
> for 100% too

Nope. No need to bother with the babes for 100% game completion.

--cleve

"Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote in message

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I think you do need all girfriends
>> for 100% too
>
> Nope. No need to bother with the babes for 100% game completion.
>
> --cleve

Oh. I see this has already been pointed out. For some reason, none of this
afternoon's messages came in until just now for me.

--cleve

Dave Stone <n> wrote in news:Xns96818F5393F78n@216.168.3.50:

> Like not gettting 100% the completion?

oops, that should be 'not getting the 100% completion'..

Corey Simonator wrote:

> <n> wrote in message news:Xns96818F5393F78n@216.168.3.50...
> > Is there any consequence to killing a girlfriend before you reach 100%
> with
> > her? Like not gettting 100% the completion?
>
> No there's no consequences except not being able to get their gifts.
> Girlfriends and unique jumps don't count towards getting 100%. Kill away.

they're all mentioned in this 100% walkthrough

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_100_percent_a.txt

--

> Corey Simonator wrote:
> >
> > <n> wrote in message news:Xns96818F5393F78n@216.168.3.50...
> > > Is there any consequence to killing a girlfriend before you reach 100%
> > with
> > > her? Like not gettting 100% the completion?
> >
> > No there's no consequences except not being able to get their gifts.
> > Girlfriends and unique jumps don't count towards getting 100%. Kill
away.

> they're all mentioned in this 100% walkthrough

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_100_percent_a.tx

I've got 100% complete on both the xbox and ps2 without doing the jumps or
dating. You should have read the page you posted:

Unique Jumps
Difficulty: varies
These aren't required, but they're kind of fun, worth a few bucks, and
gets
the cycle skill improving.

You don't get much for dating Denise. At 50%, you get the keys to her
ar - but only if she's home. At 100%, you get a pimp suit.

- Why don't you cover the other girlfriends?
Because they're really not that useful as far as the game goes.

> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Corey Simonator wrote:
> >
> > <n> wrote in message news:Xns96818F5393F78n@216.168.3.50...
> > > Is there any consequence to killing a girlfriend before you reach 100%
> > with
> > > her? Like not gettting 100% the completion?
> >
> > No there's no consequences except not being able to get their gifts.
> > Girlfriends and unique jumps don't count towards getting 100%. Kill
away.

> they're all mentioned in this 100% walkthrough

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_100_percent_a.tx

Here's another quote from that site incase the OP still has doubts

Although some girlfriend related tasking exists in the main storyline, you
don't have to reach 100% or even go on a single date to finish the main
story OR get 100%.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_p.txt

> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Cyrus

In article <d9nacq$9s4$1@domitilla.aioe.org>,
"Corey Simonator" <whatever@whatever.whatever> wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Corey Simonator wrote:

> > > with
> > >
> > > No there's no consequences except not being able to get their gifts.
> > > Girlfriends and unique jumps don't count towards getting 100%. Kill
> away.
> >
> > they're all mentioned in this 100% walkthrough
> >

> http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_100_percent_a.tx
>
> I've got 100% complete on both the xbox and ps2 without doing the jumps or
> dating. You should have read the page you posted:
>
> Unique Jumps
> Difficulty: varies
> These aren't required, but they're kind of fun, worth a few bucks, and
> gets
> the cycle skill improving.
>
> You don't get much for dating Denise. At 50%, you get the keys to her
> ar - but only if she's home. At 100%, you get a pimp suit.
>
> - Why don't you cover the other girlfriends?
> Because they're really not that useful as far as the game goes.

Its really a matter of opinion. One can be relieved after retaining
weapons upon death or capture.

Nurse chick and cop chick.

> > --
> > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> > Stop and Look
> > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

Corey Simonator wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Corey Simonator wrote:

> > > with
> > >
> > > No there's no consequences except not being able to get their gifts.
> > > Girlfriends and unique jumps don't count towards getting 100%. Kill
> away.
> >
> > they're all mentioned in this 100% walkthrough
> >

> http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_100_percent_a.tx
>
> I've got 100% complete on both the xbox and ps2 without doing the jumps or
> dating. You should have read the page you posted:
>
> Unique Jumps
> Difficulty: varies
> These aren't required, but they're kind of fun, worth a few bucks, and
> gets
> the cycle skill improving.
>
> You don't get much for dating Denise. At 50%, you get the keys to her
> ar - but only if she's home. At 100%, you get a pimp suit.
>
> - Why don't you cover the other girlfriends?
> Because they're really not that useful as far as the game goes.

thanks. The reason I didn't read it is I'm not interested in 100%, I
just looked it up for the OP. Teach me to keep me nose out :O)

--

Corey Simonator wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Corey Simonator wrote:

> > > with
> > >
> > > No there's no consequences except not being able to get their gifts.
> > > Girlfriends and unique jumps don't count towards getting 100%. Kill
> away.
> >
> > they're all mentioned in this 100% walkthrough
> >

> http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_100_percent_a.tx
>
> Here's another quote from that site incase the OP still has doubts
>
> Although some girlfriend related tasking exists in the main storyline, you
> don't have to reach 100% or even go on a single date to finish the main
> story OR get 100%.

still worth it to keep your weapons and, due to a glitch on the ps2,
that stays true for the medic one, I think, when you go through again.
Not sure if this is the same for pc or xbox

--

> still worth it to keep your weapons and, due to a glitch on the ps2,
> that stays true for the medic one, I think, when you go through again.
> Not sure if this is the same for pc or xbox

I could give it a try to check on the box. Do you have to be finished dating
a girl 100% for the trick/glitch to work? I have the nurse done but not
barbara.

Cleve wrote:

> "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> I think you do need all girfriends
> >> for 100% too
> >
> > Nope. No need to bother with the babes for 100% game completion.
> >
> > --cleve
>
> Oh. I see this has already been pointed out. For some reason, none of this
> afternoon's messages came in until just now for me.
>
> --cleve

happens all the time for me. if I didn't use this text server I might
not ever see any of them!
--

In article <42BF4611.3D608326@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> still worth it to keep your weapons and, due to a glitch on the ps2,
> that stays true for the medic one, I think, when you go through again.
> Not sure if this is the same for pc or xbox

Also the cop one. I'm on my 3rd round through SA and keep my weapons
indefinitely no matter what happens.

Ditto about pc or xbox.

--

Cyrus wrote:

> In article <42BF4611.3D608326@blueyonder.co.uk>,
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > still worth it to keep your weapons and, due to a glitch on the ps2,
> > that stays true for the medic one, I think, when you go through again.
> > Not sure if this is the same for pc or xbox
>
> Also the cop one. I'm on my 3rd round through SA and keep my weapons
> indefinitely no matter what happens.
>
> Ditto about pc or xbox.
>
> --
> Cyrus
>
> *coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

wasn't sure whether they both did it or not.
--

In article <d9o287$ml$1@domitilla.aioe.org>,
"Corey Simonator" <fu@fu.fu> wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > >
> > still worth it to keep your weapons and, due to a glitch on the ps2,
> > that stays true for the medic one, I think, when you go through again.
> > Not sure if this is the same for pc or xbox
>
> I could give it a try to check on the box. Do you have to be finished dating
> a girl 100% for the trick/glitch to work? I have the nurse done but not
> barbara.
> >
> > --
> > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> > Stop and Look
> > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Do it if you can, from a curious party.

IMO The gf's are an odd addition to a GTA game. I haven't finished any
gf to 100% and in subsequent games I have weapons after being wasted or
busted.

But I "have" them.

hth,

--

"Cyrus" <invalid@i.like.spam> wrote in message

> Do it if you can, from a curious party.

Just checked. The glitch is still there.

Cyrus wrote:
> IMO The gf's are an odd addition to a GTA game.

It's not a bad idea, it's just not well implemented. The whole thing is
pretty repetitive and they don't seem to do much other than nag and
whine (Ok, they are American women, I guess :)).

Plus, of course, the dancing parts are a pain in the ass on my PC (the
arrows stutter across the screen so much it's impossible to tell when
they're supposed to be in the right place), so every time I hit a club
date I lose progression with the girl anyway.

Mark

On 30 Jun 2005 10:50:12 -0700, mmaker@my-deja.com wrote:

>Cyrus wrote:
>> IMO The gf's are an odd addition to a GTA game.
>
>It's not a bad idea, it's just not well implemented. The whole thing is
>pretty repetitive and they don't seem to do much other than nag and
>whine (Ok, they are American women, I guess :)).
>
>Plus, of course, the dancing parts are a pain in the ass on my PC (the
>arrows stutter across the screen so much it's impossible to tell when
>they're supposed to be in the right place), so every time I hit a club
>date I lose progression with the girl anyway.

I learned to save before a date. I just don't do dance dates. None
are not required. Just reload and try for another type of date.

That Michelle is the absolute worst AI driver. On a single date, that
she drove, we rolled the truck five times and CJ was blown up after
having "coffee". She always ripping into CJ about his driving. Yeah,
right.

Jack Crack wrote:
> I learned to save before a date. I just don't do dance dates. None
> are not required. Just reload and try for another type of date.

Weird, I tried that and just got another dance date again. I didn't
realise they were random.

Mark

mmaker@my-deja.com wrote:

> Jack Crack wrote:
> > I learned to save before a date. I just don't do dance dates. None
> > are not required. Just reload and try for another type of date.
>
> Weird, I tried that and just got another dance date again. I didn't
> realise they were random.
>
> Mark

yeah... have any of you taken Katie for a drive yet? Now that's the
pits
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Katie is the medic, right? Yes, I have never managed to get that right.
The onscreen prompts were the opposite to what she was saying.

I haven't had Michelle drive on a date yet.

Phil Hibbs.

PhilHibbs wrote:

> Katie is the medic, right? Yes, I have never managed to get that right.
> The onscreen prompts were the opposite to what she was saying.
>
> I haven't had Michelle drive on a date yet.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

I found with katie, if the bridge is open drive onto it and just keep
tapping the accelerator. Obviously it depends on the car but watch for
it saying too fast or too slow and because you're only tapping every
so often it should be easy to adjust, at the far end just double back.
It sometimes takes three or four runs along the bridge but it's better
than when I failed every time.

Michelle's driving thing is okay unless she decides to dump on you. I
would suspect this is where having a high sexual attraction comes in.
If she dumps you out the car you lose percentage.
--

Anssi Saari wrote:

> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
>
> > yeah... have any of you taken Katie for a drive yet? Now that's the
> > pits
>
> What's wrong with that? You drive to Chinatown and spin around on the
> clearing. Or if the bridge is open you drive across and back and
> you're done. Almost as easy to please as Denise.
>
> Now, granted, Katie says something like "oh yeah, push it" if she
> wants you to slow down, but I always thought she was being sarcastic.
> Or just nuts. Some of the other things she says, like "have you ever
> thought about losing a limb, Carl?" or "I find car crashes erotic"
> make you wonder.

:O) I meant when you first start playing the game. I couldn't get the
hang of driving round Chinatown, too many hills. She is one sick
puppy! pity you don't get higher percentage every time she says 'oh,
yes!' or whatever.