How to find wireless network security key

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
November 16, 2010 8:16:07 PM

Hello,
Hi
I just bought a laptop, and I want to integrate it with the desk top I already have. How do I find my wirelesss security code from my older PC to connect with the new one?
November 16, 2010 8:35:19 PM

well, access your wifi router via your desktop. it is done using internet browser. usually its some address like 192.168.x.xxx. from there navigate in the menu and look for wireless. see the wireless security code there.
November 17, 2010 7:27:12 PM

How to Find Your Wireless Security Number

1. Make sure that your wireless router is properly connected to your computer and modem. A USB or Ethernet cord should run from the router to your computer, and another Ethernet cord should run from your router to the modem.

2. Open a browser window. Type in your router's address---this varies depending on the model of your router. In most cases it is either 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.2.1. Try all of these---a login screen should appear (if none of these addresses work, you will need to refer to the documentation that came with your wireless router).

3. Log into your wireless router's settings menu. In most cases the default user name will be "admin" and the password will either be "admin," "password" or nothing at all. Again, if these login names and passwords don't work, find the correct default information in your router's instruction manual.

4. Click on the "Wireless Security," "Wireless Encryption" or similar tab in your router's settings. The wireless security number that you set when you first connected your router to your computer will display.

5. Write the pass code down on a piece of paper and lock it in a desk drawer or tape it to the front of the router device so that you can reference it quickly. Whether you lock it up or leave it out in the open depends on your level of concern for your privacy.

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team

Related resources
September 15, 2011 11:25:51 AM

Quote:
Hello,
Hi
I just bought a laptop, and I want to integrate it with the desk top I already have. How do I find my wirelesss security code from my older PC to connect with the new one?

a b 8 Security
a c 371 $ Windows 7
September 15, 2011 12:54:35 PM

Start a new thread!
!