GeForce FX Integrated MPEG-2 decoder

Is there any software which actually takes advantage of this?

Why don't NVIDIA include a DirectShow filter for it?

--
"It's a struggle to avoid heartbreak... for an Average Joe"

I'm not sure how full-featured this is, over just some iDCT assist.

Maybe the drivers are written to only enable hardware decoding under nVDVD,
which costs money...

--
First of One
Formula SAE Racing:

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 02:41:21 +0000, First of One wrote:

> I'm not sure how full-featured this is, over just some iDCT assist.
>
> Maybe the drivers are written to only enable hardware decoding under
> nVDVD, which costs money...

Good morning Nvidia.. ATI has iDCT acceleration since the first version of
their Radeon (64) series drivers.

--

Bora Ugurlu

mailto:boraugurlu@yahoo.de

"Bora Ugurlu" <boraugurlu@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 02:41:21 +0000, First of One wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure how full-featured this is, over just some iDCT assist.
> >
> > Maybe the drivers are written to only enable hardware decoding under
> > nVDVD, which costs money...
>
> Good morning Nvidia.. ATI has iDCT acceleration since the first version of
> their Radeon (64) series drivers.

So does my Voodoo5. But it claims fully hardware MPEG-2 decoding. But you
probably need to buy their software to use it.

"Darkfalz" <darkfalz@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<c4mn0n$2l0s5a$1@ID-108208.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> "Bora Ugurlu" <boraugurlu@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 02:41:21 +0000, First of One wrote:
> >
> > > I'm not sure how full-featured this is, over just some iDCT assist.
> > >
> > > Maybe the drivers are written to only enable hardware decoding under
> > > nVDVD, which costs money...
> >
> > Good morning Nvidia.. ATI has iDCT acceleration since the first version of
> > their Radeon (64) series drivers.
>
> So does my Voodoo5. But it claims fully hardware MPEG-2 decoding. But you
> probably need to buy their software to use it.

Ati has FullStream nowadays, wich works great with the official DivX
player... it cuts the CPU usage with more the 60% !