56.72 released 1st April

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 19:52:50 +0000 (UTC), "David Hewitt"
<david.p.hewitt@btinternet.com> wrote:

>new nVidea driver just released 56.72
>
>http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_56.72

Although they say they are WHQL, when I installed them on my W2K box,
I got a message saying they were not WHQL. Anyone else see this?

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 23:12:53 +0100, Anton Gysen
<anton@REMOVETHECAPITALLETTERSantongijsen.com> wrote:

>Folk wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 19:52:50 +0000 (UTC), "David Hewitt"
>> <david.p.hewitt@btinternet.com> wrote:
>>

>>>new nVidea driver just released 56.72
>>>
>>>http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_56.72
>>>

>> Although they say they are WHQL, when I installed them on my W2K box,
>> I got a message saying they were not WHQL. Anyone else see this?
>
>Probably because you're using an older card which NVidia only write
>uncetified drivers for.

I'm using a Ti4400, so.... doubtful.

"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 19:52:50 +0000 (UTC), "David Hewitt"
> <david.p.hewitt@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> >new nVidea driver just released 56.72
> >
> >http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_56.72
> >

> Although they say they are WHQL, when I installed them on my W2K box,
> I got a message saying they were not WHQL. Anyone else see this?

You're not alone, installing with my FX5950 WinXP reports these as not being
WHQL either. Maybe that's the April Fools bit!

The true 56.72 WHQL version can be downloaded at www.evga.com, the nvidia
site must have the wrong version posted.

"David Hewitt" <david.p.hewitt@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> new nVidea driver just released 56.72
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_56.72

"David Hewitt" <david.p.hewitt@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> new nVidea driver just released 56.72
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_56.72

Hope they work better than 56.64 but considering the date... hrm....

Name withheld by request wrote:
> Then get off your butt and GET A JOB!

You think I haven't tried?

> >It's not the fact that they are or not, it's just that they are
> >advertised as such, "whql" is part of the downloaded file name, yet
> >they don't actually appear to be WHQL.
>
> And as it turns out, Nvidia *did* make a mistake. The corrected
> drivers were released today, but it seems the qualification thingy was
> the only correction required:
>
> April 2, 2004, 8:30AM PST: Updated kits to have correct WHQL logo.
>
> So, there you have it...

Why have the file sizes changed?...the first non WHQL is 10.9MB, with the
new one being 10.2MB?

"Anton Gysen" <anton@REMOVETHECAPITALLETTERSantongijsen.com> wrote in
message news:c4k645$h4u$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Name withheld by request wrote:
> > Then get off your butt and GET A JOB!
>
> You think I haven't tried?

Anton,
I souldn't reply

Done the update an hrs ago, yes, it is WHQL'ed.

:

> Although they say they are WHQL, when I installed them on my W2K box,
> I got a message saying they were not WHQL. Anyone else see this?

xg thought long and hard, then said...
> Done the update an hrs ago, yes, it is WHQL'ed.

Not on my WinXP installation - WinXP reports the drivers as "not
digitally signed."

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

Tal Fucus wrote:
> "Anton Gysen" <anton@REMOVETHECAPITALLETTERSantongijsen.com> wrote in
> message news:c4k645$h4u$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
>>Name withheld by request wrote:
>>
>>>Then get off your butt and GET A JOB!
>>
>>You think I haven't tried?
>

> Anton,
> I souldn't reply

I'm confused.

"Kevin Steele" <kevsteeleDEL@DELbigfoot.com> wrote in message
> xg thought long and hard, then said...
> > Done the update an hrs ago, yes, it is WHQL'ed.
>
> Not on my WinXP installation - WinXP reports the drivers as "not
> digitally signed."
>
> --
> Kevin Steele
> RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews
> www.retroblast.com

The WHQL "CAT" file (Certification) was missing from the 1 April sets, since
rectified.

---

ginfest thought long and hard, then said...

> "Kevin Steele" <kevsteeleDEL@DELbigfoot.com> wrote in message
> > xg thought long and hard, then said...
> > > Done the update an hrs ago, yes, it is WHQL'ed.
> >
> > Not on my WinXP installation - WinXP reports the drivers as "not
> > digitally signed."
>
> The WHQL "CAT" file (Certification) was missing from the 1 April sets, since
> rectified.

Yup, I went back to the Nvidia site on Saturday and they've got an April
2 notice that the WHQL cert had been accidently left off, and was now on
the drivers.