Sign in with
Your question

Icons and pictures will not display.

Last response: in Windows 7
October 23, 2009 5:24:15 AM

My icons and pictures of some programs such as Rhapsody, X-Fire, the WoW start menu, and all pictures in Internet Explorer will not display. This was originally a problem in Windows Vista after having some .NET Framework troubles, and I figured it would fix itself in Windows 7, but it did not. I have fully updated my drivers, .NET Frameworks and what not, yet the problem still persists. I am not sure if this common or not, but it's really beginning to bug me. Here a screenshot of what is happening.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2lm1kdc.jpg

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

More about : icons pictures display

October 23, 2009 5:28:40 AM

Maybe it has something to do with the firewall?
Otherwise it just might be something to do with those applications not fully compatible with Vista/Win7 yet. See if there is any updates on their websites.
m
l
October 23, 2009 5:32:20 AM

Santimun said:
Maybe it has something to do with the firewall?
Otherwise it just might be something to do with those applications not fully compatible with Vista/Win7 yet. See if there is any updates on their websites.

I am fully updated... This was not a problem on Vista until some point later in my ownership of it. Everything runs fine in programs such as firefox, and when I'm in games. Firewall is not it either.

I have a feeling there is some display setting I messed up, and simply needs to be changed. I just need help locating it. Any confirmation, or information would be excellent.
m
l
Related resources
October 23, 2009 12:08:09 PM

Any other help?
m
l
October 24, 2009 1:53:03 PM

Has no one seen this issue? It's really annoying.
m
l
November 26, 2009 8:54:55 PM

I also have a similar problem in my Windows 7 x64: the icons for some of the programs in the Start menu don't display. And there are more people affected.

I've noticed something interesting: it seems to affect only (but not necessarily) to programs that have more than one icon hardcoded, and then Windows only fails to display *the first* icon within that list. If you manually select an icon other than the first one, it displays normally. This affects even to SHELL32.dll (a Windows library that comes with a list of icons hardcoded).

Hopefully someone will find this usefull...
m
l
December 3, 2009 4:27:52 AM

The fix lies with Internet Explorer. Many programs commonly used by people us IE to run adds and such, so if something in the IE settings goes wrong, sometimes the effect carries over. To fix this open up IE then go to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced Tab> Click 'Reset' and restore the IE settings defaults.
m
l
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b $ Windows 7
July 3, 2010 2:23:03 AM

Quote:
The fix lies with Internet Explorer. Many programs commonly used by people us IE to run adds and such, so if something in the IE settings goes wrong, sometimes the effect carries over. To fix this open up IE then go to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced Tab> Click 'Reset' and restore the IE settings defaults.

Thanks a lot RAW-BERRY. I had the same problem with my Vista. Looks like something was changed in my IE8 settings when it got downloaded. Any idea on whether the same issue is present for lesser IE versions? I hardly use IE, so am rethinking of installing IE updates henceforth.
m
l
!