  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 27, 2005 1:45:47 PM

"Note: The content of this videogame is purely fictional, and is not
intended to represent any actual person, business or organization. Any
similarity between any character, dialogue, event or plot element of
this game and any actual person, business or organization is purely
coincidental."

Hmmm.... coincidence, huh?

andyt

More about : yeah

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 6:59:37 PM

Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in

> "Note: The content of this videogame is purely fictional, and is not
> intended to represent any actual person, business or organization. Any
> similarity between any character, dialogue, event or plot element of
> this game and any actual person, business or organization is purely
> coincidental."
>
> Hmmm.... coincidence, huh?
>

> andyt

They borrowed quite a bit from 90's pop culture..Cuba Gooding Jr wore the
same crazy outfit in "Boyz n the Hood" as one of the peds...not to mention
Sharon Stone's outfit from "Basic Instinct." Plus a few other things that I
can't place my finger on..

Was any of this referenced in the credits?
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 8:19:55 PM

Dave Stone wrote:
> Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in
>

>>"Note: The content of this videogame is purely fictional, and is not
>>intended to represent any actual person, business or organization. Any
>>similarity between any character, dialogue, event or plot element of
>>this game and any actual person, business or organization is purely
>>coincidental."
>>
>>Hmmm.... coincidence, huh?
>>

>>andyt
>>

> They borrowed quite a bit from 90's pop culture..Cuba Gooding Jr wore the
> same crazy outfit in "Boyz n the Hood" as one of the peds...not to mention
> Sharon Stone's outfit from "Basic Instinct." Plus a few other things that I
> can't place my finger on..

Fresh Prince Will Smith seems to wander the streets a lot too.
June 27, 2005 8:49:02 PM

"Pope Phil" <pope_phil_minty@sunbgeniuz-yaho.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 9p8va$7i8

> Fresh Prince Will Smith seems to wander the streets a lot too.

Even more amazing when you consider you're supposed to have drowned him
driving of that pier
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 7:37:45 AM

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:49:02 GMT, "G Hardy"
<gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

>>"Pope Phil" <pope_phil_minty@sunbgeniuz-yaho.co.uk> wrote in message
>>news:D 9p8va$7i8
>>
>>> Fresh Prince Will Smith seems to wander the streets a lot too.
>>
>>Even more amazing when you consider you're supposed to have drowned him
>>driving of that pier

That mission was fun... I was hoping the car would just keep going
faster and faster...
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 12:36:25 PM

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:59:37 -0000, Dave Stone <n> wrote:

>Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in
>

>> "Note: The content of this videogame is purely fictional, and is not
>> intended to represent any actual person, business or organization. Any
>> similarity between any character, dialogue, event or plot element of
>> this game and any actual person, business or organization is purely
>> coincidental."
>>
>> Hmmm.... coincidence, huh?
>>

>They borrowed quite a bit from 90's pop culture..Cuba Gooding Jr wore the
>same crazy outfit in "Boyz n the Hood" as one of the peds...not to mention
>Sharon Stone's outfit from "Basic Instinct." Plus a few other things that I
>can't place my finger on..

Er, how about most of Las Vegas/Venturas? For those of us who've been
to Vegas, driving down Venturas is like sightseeing again (though
everything is much closer together and the layout is different!)

And most of the stores are veiled references - Zip is clearly Gap for
example!

andyt
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 9:46:19 PM

Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes:

> And most of the stores are veiled references - Zip is clearly Gap for
> example!

Yes, but what about the others? Victim? Prolaps? Binco? Suburban? Do
they have real life counterparts? Gap has stores in Europe too, so I'm
at least somewhat familiar with it, but I don't know the others.
June 29, 2005 9:57:46 PM

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:46:19 +0300, Anssi Saari wrote:

> Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
>> And most of the stores are veiled references - Zip is clearly Gap for
>> example!
>
> Yes, but what about the others?

i think they are just a play on words...

> Victim?

fashion victim?

> Prolaps?

pro(fessional) laps - prolapse

> Binco?

cheap clothing (fit for the bin?).

?

> Do they have real life counterparts? Gap has stores in Europe too, so
> I'm at least somewhat familiar with it, but I don't know the others.
June 29, 2005 10:50:41 PM

Andy Turner wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:59:37 -0000, Dave Stone <n> wrote:

> And most of the stores are veiled references - Zip is clearly Gap for
> example!

I always thought "GASH" from GTAVC was the equivalent of GAP

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
....why, other guards, of course!
July 1, 2005 2:59:08 PM

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:57:46 GMT, bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
wrote:

>> Prolaps?
>
>pro(fessional) laps - prolapse

I was just in LA, and during my drive, I saw a delivery truck for
'Pro-Sports' and it had the almost exact logo as "Pro-laps". They sell
sports equipment, and uniform type stuff. Looks like a match to me.

Also, I laughed when I saw a guy riding a 'faggio', laughed when I
drove by the 'go-cart' place, and I laughed when I drove past that
tall building in downtown you can base jump off of.

Shark
!