Yeah, right...

"Note: The content of this videogame is purely fictional, and is not
intended to represent any actual person, business or organization. Any
similarity between any character, dialogue, event or plot element of
this game and any actual person, business or organization is purely
coincidental."

Hmmm.... coincidence, huh?

andyt
9 answers Last reply
More about yeah right

    Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in

    > "Note: The content of this videogame is purely fictional, and is not
    > intended to represent any actual person, business or organization. Any
    > similarity between any character, dialogue, event or plot element of
    > this game and any actual person, business or organization is purely
    > coincidental."
    >
    > Hmmm.... coincidence, huh?
    >

    > andyt

    They borrowed quite a bit from 90's pop culture..Cuba Gooding Jr wore the
    same crazy outfit in "Boyz n the Hood" as one of the peds...not to mention
    Sharon Stone's outfit from "Basic Instinct." Plus a few other things that I
    can't place my finger on..

    Was any of this referenced in the credits?

    Dave Stone wrote:
    > Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in
    >

    >>"Note: The content of this videogame is purely fictional, and is not
    >>intended to represent any actual person, business or organization. Any
    >>similarity between any character, dialogue, event or plot element of
    >>this game and any actual person, business or organization is purely
    >>coincidental."
    >>
    >>Hmmm.... coincidence, huh?
    >>

    >>andyt
    >>

    > They borrowed quite a bit from 90's pop culture..Cuba Gooding Jr wore the
    > same crazy outfit in "Boyz n the Hood" as one of the peds...not to mention
    > Sharon Stone's outfit from "Basic Instinct." Plus a few other things that I
    > can't place my finger on..

    Fresh Prince Will Smith seems to wander the streets a lot too.

    "Pope Phil" <pope_phil_minty@sunbgeniuz-yaho.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Fresh Prince Will Smith seems to wander the streets a lot too.

    Even more amazing when you consider you're supposed to have drowned him
    driving of that pier

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:49:02 GMT, "G Hardy"
    <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

    >>"Pope Phil" <pope_phil_minty@sunbgeniuz-yaho.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Fresh Prince Will Smith seems to wander the streets a lot too.
    >>
    >>Even more amazing when you consider you're supposed to have drowned him
    >>driving of that pier

    That mission was fun... I was hoping the car would just keep going
    faster and faster...
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:59:37 -0000, Dave Stone <n> wrote:

    >Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in
    >

    >> "Note: The content of this videogame is purely fictional, and is not
    >> intended to represent any actual person, business or organization. Any
    >> similarity between any character, dialogue, event or plot element of
    >> this game and any actual person, business or organization is purely
    >> coincidental."
    >>
    >> Hmmm.... coincidence, huh?
    >>

    >They borrowed quite a bit from 90's pop culture..Cuba Gooding Jr wore the
    >same crazy outfit in "Boyz n the Hood" as one of the peds...not to mention
    >Sharon Stone's outfit from "Basic Instinct." Plus a few other things that I
    >can't place my finger on..

    Er, how about most of Las Vegas/Venturas? For those of us who've been
    to Vegas, driving down Venturas is like sightseeing again (though
    everything is much closer together and the layout is different!)

    And most of the stores are veiled references - Zip is clearly Gap for
    example!

    andyt
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes:

    > And most of the stores are veiled references - Zip is clearly Gap for
    > example!

    Yes, but what about the others? Victim? Prolaps? Binco? Suburban? Do
    they have real life counterparts? Gap has stores in Europe too, so I'm
    at least somewhat familiar with it, but I don't know the others.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:46:19 +0300, Anssi Saari wrote:

    > Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes:
    >
    >> And most of the stores are veiled references - Zip is clearly Gap for
    >> example!
    >
    > Yes, but what about the others?

    i think they are just a play on words...

    > Victim?

    fashion victim?

    > Prolaps?

    pro(fessional) laps - prolapse

    > Binco?

    cheap clothing (fit for the bin?).

    ?

    > Do they have real life counterparts? Gap has stores in Europe too, so
    > I'm at least somewhat familiar with it, but I don't know the others.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Andy Turner wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:59:37 -0000, Dave Stone <n> wrote:

    > And most of the stores are veiled references - Zip is clearly Gap for
    > example!

    I always thought "GASH" from GTAVC was the equivalent of GAP

    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    ....why, other guards, of course!
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:57:46 GMT, bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
    wrote:

    >> Prolaps?
    >
    >pro(fessional) laps - prolapse

    I was just in LA, and during my drive, I saw a delivery truck for
    'Pro-Sports' and it had the almost exact logo as "Pro-laps". They sell
    sports equipment, and uniform type stuff. Looks like a match to me.

    Also, I laughed when I saw a guy riding a 'faggio', laughed when I
    drove by the 'go-cart' place, and I laughed when I drove past that
    tall building in downtown you can base jump off of.

    Shark

Games Video Games