Allow taskbar to span Multiple monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 2, 2004 11:40:09 PM

I run Dual Monitors on a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X.
With the 45.23 driver from Nvidia. In the nView desktop manager
on the Windows tab is a line "Allow taskbar to span Multiple monitors"
When selected the windows taskbar span both monitors which is what I want.
In all the 5x.xx drivers the line is grayed out and the windows taskbar
is showed on only one monitor.
Does anyone know why the 5x.xx driver don't seemed to support the
taskbar spanning monitors.

AMD Duron 1.00 GHz
256mb Ram
Win xp sp1a
Jan
April 2, 2004 11:40:10 PM

ultramon is great software when using multiple monitors. It allows task bar
spanning

"Jan" <plessis@lantic.net> wrote in message
> I run Dual Monitors on a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X.
> With the 45.23 driver from Nvidia. In the nView desktop manager
> on the Windows tab is a line "Allow taskbar to span Multiple monitors"
> When selected the windows taskbar span both monitors which is what I want.
> In all the 5x.xx drivers the line is grayed out and the windows taskbar
> is showed on only one monitor.
> Does anyone know why the 5x.xx driver don't seemed to support the
> taskbar spanning monitors.
>
> AMD Duron 1.00 GHz
> 256mb Ram
> Win xp sp1a
> Jan

April 3, 2004 12:21:04 AM

BBB wrote:
> ultramon is great software when using multiple monitors. It allows task bar
> spanning
>
> "Jan" <plessis@lantic.net> wrote in message
>
>>I run Dual Monitors on a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X.
>>With the 45.23 driver from Nvidia. In the nView desktop manager
>>on the Windows tab is a line "Allow taskbar to span Multiple monitors"
>>When selected the windows taskbar span both monitors which is what I want.
>>In all the 5x.xx drivers the line is grayed out and the windows taskbar
>>is showed on only one monitor.
>>Does anyone know why the 5x.xx driver don't seemed to support the
>>taskbar spanning monitors.
>>
>>AMD Duron 1.00 GHz
>>256mb Ram
>>Win xp sp1a
>>Jan

I will try Ultramon. I was just wondering why the spanning option worked
in one driver and not in the updated driver
a b C Monitor
April 16, 2004 5:19:30 PM

Hi Jan

> I was just wondering why the spanning option worked
> in one driver and not in the updated driver

Several of us have been asking this question over
the past few months.

nVidia has been totally silent on the matter.

sigh ...

-- Stan
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 18, 2004 3:21:18 PM

>> I was just wondering why the spanning option worked
>> in one driver and not in the updated driver
>
> Several of us have been asking this question over
> the past few months.
>
> nVidia has been totally silent on the matter.

I doubt you ever asked NVidia. Probably because they don't give you a way
to do that. (Well, you could try asking your OEM who will most likely blow
you off.) Mentioning it in this group does not count. I doubt that anyone
from NVidia even reads these messages.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 18, 2004 6:47:12 PM

Howdy tq96
I wrote:

> > nVidia has been totally silent on the matter.

tq96 replied:

> I doubt you ever asked NVidia. Probably because they don't give you a way
> to do that.

That's correct, on both counts. They refer all questions to OEMs.

However, they do offer release notes with new driver releases.
It is the silence on this change in those notes, and the silence
on this newsgroup about that change, that I was referring to.

> I doubt that anyone
> from NVidia even reads these messages.

Silly them.

Regards,

Stan
August 19, 2008 3:49:46 PM

Here's how I did it.

1. Open the Display Properties.
2. Click the "Settings" tab and select "Advanced."
3. Select the tab pertinent to your system. Mine says "Quadro FX 1400."
4. A little window pops out to the side. Click on "nView Display Settings."
5. For "nView Display Mode," select "Horizontal Span" instead of "Dualview."
6. Click "Apply," not "OK."
7. Verify.
8. Click "OK."
August 20, 2008 9:25:32 AM

lol thats thread was over 4 years old
August 20, 2008 10:23:28 AM

smyffalis said:
lol thats thread was over 4 years old

Honestly, i tried to necro funny old threads. But i didn't had the skills. They were deleted.

How da hell did he managed to do it ?
November 5, 2008 11:03:32 PM

I cant view the span configuration, its an old thread but still helping the people like me thanks for your help
!