Nvidia Ogre Graphics Demo

I have 2 copies of this .exe file, from a CD and direct download from
Nvidia.
Neither will install, stopping with the error message " Corrupt file, check
file ".
The Dawn demo worked fine. Anyone know what could be causing this problem?

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove ****NOSPAMPLEASE**** to Reply

---

Guardian

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

"Paul Woodsford"
<paul.woodsford****NOSPAMPLEASE****@***NOSPAM***virgin.***NOSPAM***net>
wrote in message news:pbibc.103$is5.58@newsfe1-win...
> I have 2 copies of this .exe file, from a CD and direct download from
> Nvidia.
> Neither will install, stopping with the error message " Corrupt file,
check
> file ".

Just a thought, but try turning off your virus protection before you run the
exe file....

Thanks for the help Guardian, unfortunately that didn't work.

--
"Guardian" <kguardianNOSPAM@hamptonroads.com> wrote in message
:
: "Paul Woodsford"
: <paul.woodsford****NOSPAMPLEASE****@***NOSPAM***virgin.***NOSPAM***net>
: wrote in message news:pbibc.103$is5.58@newsfe1-win...
: > I have 2 copies of this .exe file, from a CD and direct download from
: > Nvidia.
: > Neither will install, stopping with the error message " Corrupt file,
: check
: > file ".
:
: Just a thought, but try turning off your virus protection before you run
the
: exe file....
:
:

---

Just a thought, but what kind of graphics card do you have?
wrote in message news:40kbc.620$NA2.542@newsfe5-gui.server.ntli.net...
> Thanks for the help Guardian, unfortunately that didn't work.
>
> --
> Paul Woodsford
> Remove ****NOSPAMPLEASE**** to Reply
> "Guardian" <kguardianNOSPAM@hamptonroads.com> wrote in message
> :
> : "Paul Woodsford"
> : <paul.woodsford****NOSPAMPLEASE****@***NOSPAM***virgin.***NOSPAM***net>
> : wrote in message news:pbibc.103$is5.58@newsfe1-win...
> : > I have 2 copies of this .exe file, from a CD and direct download from
> : > Nvidia.
> : > Neither will install, stopping with the error message " Corrupt file,
> : check
> : > file ".
> :
> : Just a thought, but try turning off your virus protection before you run
> the
> : exe file....
> :
> :
>

> ---

FX5600XT 256MB

Dawn and Dawn Ultra that came on the CD with the card installed and works
fine.
The Ogre Demo, also on the CD will not install, just gives that error
message. Downloaded from the Nvidia site and same problem.
Every other program/game on the PC works fine.

System

XP Home SP1,
Gigabyte GA-81DX Intel 845 AGPset
P4 1700Hz
1000 SDram
40 G Western Digital HD
120 G OEM Samsung HD
RealTek Ethernet card connected to 4 port Netgear DS104 Hub
US Robotics SporsterFlash Modem
Thomson Speedtouch 330 USB Modem
CD/DVD player
CD/CDr/CDrw
SoundBlaster Live Card
Hauppage Nova-T PCI card
Geforce FX5600XT 250MB Graphics Bios 4.31.20.69
17" Samsung SyncMaster 753 DFX monitor
USB Canoscan Scanner
USB Canon S300 Printer

--
"empireAA" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote in message
: Just a thought, but what kind of graphics card do you have?
: "Paul Woodsford"
: <paul.woodsford****NOSPAMPLEASE****@***NOSPAM***virgin.***NOSPAM***net>
: wrote in message news:40kbc.620$NA2.542@newsfe5-gui.server.ntli.net...
: > Thanks for the help Guardian, unfortunately that didn't work.
: >
: > --
: > Paul Woodsford
: > Remove ****NOSPAMPLEASE**** to Reply
: > "Guardian" <kguardianNOSPAM@hamptonroads.com> wrote in message
: > news:hjibc.19$zh.4@lakeread01...
: > :
: > : "Paul Woodsford"
: > :
<paul.woodsford****NOSPAMPLEASE****@***NOSPAM***virgin.***NOSPAM***net>
: > : wrote in message news:pbibc.103$is5.58@newsfe1-win...
: > : > I have 2 copies of this .exe file, from a CD and direct download
from
: > : > Nvidia.
: > : > Neither will install, stopping with the error message " Corrupt
file,
: > : check
: > : > file ".
: > :
: > : Just a thought, but try turning off your virus protection before you
run
: > the
: > : exe file....
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
: > ---
: >
: >
: >
:
:

---

teqguy

If you can't install it from the CD, download it from Nvidia's site.

They're all available there... even the new 5950 Vulcan one.

They're about 30Mb each if I remember correctly.

Paul Woodsford wrote:

> FX5600XT 256MB
>
> Dawn and Dawn Ultra that came on the CD with the card installed and
> works fine.
> The Ogre Demo, also on the CD will not install, just gives that error
> message. Downloaded from the Nvidia site and same problem.
> Every other program/game on the PC works fine.
>
> System
>
> XP Home SP1,
> Gigabyte GA-81DX Intel 845 AGPset
> P4 1700Hz
> 1000 SDram
> 40 G Western Digital HD
> 120 G OEM Samsung HD
> RealTek Ethernet card connected to 4 port Netgear DS104 Hub
> US Robotics SporsterFlash Modem
> Thomson Speedtouch 330 USB Modem
> CD/DVD player
> CD/CDr/CDrw
> SoundBlaster Live Card
> Hauppage Nova-T PCI card
> Geforce FX5600XT 250MB Graphics Bios 4.31.20.69
> 17" Samsung SyncMaster 753 DFX monitor
> USB Canoscan Scanner
> USB Canon S300 Printer

Have done. No Go.

--
"teqguy" <teqguy@techie.com> wrote in message
: If you can't install it from the CD, download it from Nvidia's site.
:
: They're all available there... even the new 5950 Vulcan one.
:
:
: They're about 30Mb each if I remember correctly.
:
:
:
: