Low power warning on 5700 ultra

fred

I get a low power warning on my EGVA 5700 Ultra card when I first boot up
XP. Is that an onboard auxullary power connector on the end of that card. I
didn't get a install manual that was specific to my card, and the generic
type manual that came with it had noting to say about power connector. Is
there aspecific install manual? I checked the site and didn't find one.

Yes, that 's a REQUIRED power connector on the front of the board.

--
DaveW

DaveW wrote:
> Yes, that 's a REQUIRED power connector on the front of the board.

There should be another power connector on the back of your power supply
just like the one that goes to your hard drive. Use that.

fred

Thanks, I thought so, but was apprehesive to plug it in without comfimation.
"spartacus" <rmielech@comcast.net> wrote in message
> DaveW wrote:
> > Yes, that 's a REQUIRED power connector on the front of the board.
> >
> There should be another power connector on the back of your power supply
> just like the one that goes to your hard drive. Use that.

>Thanks, I thought so, but was apprehesive to plug it in without comfimation.

But you ran the computer long enough to receive a low power warning? Why would
you do THAT without confirmation? DDDUUUuuuuuHHHHH.....