Be Quick FX5900XT are being dropped..

Already got One. What a great card. PNY 5900SE yes that is right. I have had
2 PNY cards and they worked great for me.TI4200 and FX5900SE that is realy a
XT.

"MS Mouse" <MSm@mousexx.com> wrote in message

> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15170

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, saw the article. The question is, which card is more expensive to
maunfacture? The FX5700 Ultra has a very large pcb with many components on
it and has DDR-2 memory (the newer ones will come out with DDR-3). Maybe it
has more to do with how many 5700 GPUs Nvidia has that must be moved. Maybe
the 5900 chips can be speed binned up to the non-ultra pile and then sold
for more.

On second thought, I think it's a good idea. As a matter of fact, Nvidia
should eliminate all XT products. Then they could sell the 5900nu for $200
and the 5700U for $175 or maybe even lower with NV40 about to be released.

Dave

"MS Mouse" <MSm@mousexx.com> wrote in message

> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15170

Think this it true? or possibly a ploy to boost sales before the new cards come out and prices drop
across the boards on old ones.

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Looks like the rumor was incorrect after all. The Inquirer has recanted.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15204

Dave

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Looks like the rumor was incorrect after all. The Inquirer has recanted.
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15204
>
> Dave

LOL...wouldn't be the first time the media got things wrong. So much for
"the truth".

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 23:24:54 +0100, "Richard Dower"
<richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Looks like the rumor was incorrect after all. The Inquirer has recanted.
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15204
>>
>> Dave
>
>LOL...wouldn't be the first time the media got things wrong. So much for
>"the truth".

..Remember that the Inquirer is the techo-equivalent to
the National Enquirer, The Star and the News of the World
(brit.) all rolled into one.

John Lewis

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 23:24:54 +0100, "Richard Dower"
> <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> Looks like the rumor was incorrect after all. The Inquirer has
recanted.
> >> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15204
> >>
> >> Dave
> >
> >LOL...wouldn't be the first time the media got things wrong. So much for
> >"the truth".
> >

> .Remember that the Inquirer is the techo-equivalent to
> the National Enquirer, The Star and the News of the World
> (brit.) all rolled into one.

Except for the minor detail that the Inquirer has FAR more credibility, for
whatever that's worth...I suppose anything's better than nuttin'! Yasee,
they actually get it RIGHT once in awhile...besides , ya gotta hand it to
them for immediately recanting and admitting their inaccuracies without the
waffling, facile circumlocution, and unabashed outright lying usually
surrounding such admissions. Just like the NYT DIDN'T exactly do with Jayson
Blair...

Another Dave