Question about bezel change

I have ordered a DVD writer, but the store had to substitute the one that I
was getting. THe bezel of the new one is black,. Can this be changed out? O
would prefer it to be the same color as my computer.

Pam

---
No Virus Here!!
More about question bezel change

    I don't think so...I have a black burner in my gray computer, it's not
    horrid.

    "Pamela and Howard Signa" <psigna@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >I have ordered a DVD writer, but the store had to substitute the one that I
    > was getting. THe bezel of the new one is black,. Can this be changed out?
    > would prefer it to be the same color as my computer.
    >
    > Pam
    >

    > ---
    > No Virus Here!!

    I know. Mine is like that at work. I'm just anal that way I guess!!!!!

    Pam

    "Smith" <rangerxlt92@cox.net> wrote in message
    I don't think so...I have a black burner in my gray computer, it's not
    horrid.

    "Pamela and Howard Signa" <psigna@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >I have ordered a DVD writer, but the store had to substitute the one that I
    > was getting. THe bezel of the new one is black,. Can this be changed out?
    > would prefer it to be the same color as my computer.
    >
    > Pam
    >

    > ---
    > No Virus Here!!

    ---
    No Virus Here!!

    Pamela and Howard Signa wrote:
    > I have ordered a DVD writer, but the store had to substitute the one that I
    > was getting. THe bezel of the new one is black,. Can this be changed out? O
    > would prefer it to be the same color as my computer.
    >
    > Pam

    Some drives have changeable bezels, but why can't they get you one that
    matches your case? There is no lack of DVD burners in the world. It
    sounds to me that they are selling you what they have on hand rather
    than what you want.

    Fireclown

    I understand, I replaced and entire casing one time to match a dvd player on
    an old computer. I just don't care with the one here in my room :)

    >I know. Mine is like that at work. I'm just anal that way I guess!!!!!
    >
    > Pam
    >

    > "Smith" <rangerxlt92@cox.net> wrote in message
    > I don't think so...I have a black burner in my gray computer, it's not
    > horrid.
    >
    > "Pamela and Howard Signa" <psigna@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >>I have ordered a DVD writer, but the store had to substitute the one that
    >> was getting. THe bezel of the new one is black,. Can this be changed out?
    >> would prefer it to be the same color as my computer.
    >>
    >> Pam
    >>

    >> ---
    >> No Virus Here!!
    >>

    > ---
    > No Virus Here!!

    I ordered it from staples and the brand that they had on sale for 39.94 was
    sold out, but I was lucky enough to have a great operator on the phone that
    helped me anyway, cause I had been trying to order it online all day, but
    their webstite was so jammed it could not go through. This was supposed to
    only be a sale while supplies lasted, so they are subbing a dvd burner with
    the same specs, 16x, dual format double layer, anyway, so I am not looking
    a gift horse in the mouth, so to speak. I am not sure if it will be black or
    not, but the model number that tey sent on the order number indicates that
    it will be. I already have a single layer burner, but that was such a good
    price I thought that I would go ahead and get it. Thanks!!!!!

    Pam
    "Fireclown" <Fireclown@spamblock.com> wrote in message
    Pamela and Howard Signa wrote:
    > I have ordered a DVD writer, but the store had to substitute the one that
    > was getting. THe bezel of the new one is black,. Can this be changed out?
    > would prefer it to be the same color as my computer.
    >
    > Pam

    Some drives have changeable bezels, but why can't they get you one that
    matches your case? There is no lack of DVD burners in the world. It
    sounds to me that they are selling you what they have on hand rather
    than what you want.

    Fireclown

    ---
    No Virus Here!!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    It depends on the drive. Many manufacturers make drives with beige,
    black or silver faceplates. Simplest thing to do would be to cancel the
    order and buy from another vendor that has the drive with your choice of
    faceplate color - rareley do the manufacturers make the faceplates
    available separately (though MSI does offer changeable faceplates on
    some models). Even if you do change the faceplate, the tray face will
    remain the original color.

    Pamela and Howard Signa wrote:
    > I have ordered a DVD writer, but the store had to substitute the one that I
    > was getting. THe bezel of the new one is black,. Can this be changed out? O
    > would prefer it to be the same color as my computer.
    >
    > Pam
    >

    > ---
    > No Virus Here!!

  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    Pamela and Howard Signa wrote:
    > I ordered it from staples and the brand that they had on sale for 39.94 was
    > sold out, but I was lucky enough to have a great operator on the phone that
    > helped me anyway, cause I had been trying to order it online all day, but
    > their webstite was so jammed it could not go through. This was supposed to
    > only be a sale while supplies lasted, so they are subbing a dvd burner with
    > the same specs, 16x, dual format double layer, anyway, so I am not looking
    > a gift horse in the mouth, so to speak. I am not sure if it will be black or
    > not, but the model number that tey sent on the order number indicates that
    > it will be. I already have a single layer burner, but that was such a good
    > price I thought that I would go ahead and get it. Thanks!!!!!
    >
    > Pam

    hehe, at that price one can put up with mismatched components.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    The only thing to try is the DVD maker's web presence, if they have one.

    FYI, I recently bought a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy X2 Platinum
    (maybe some more buzz words in there, I don't remember) and it came with
    *both* faceplates, the black and beige! It was going into a black-cased
    computer and the black faceplate was the one shown on the package. Nowhere
    on the package did they say anything about the other faceplate. Maybe if
    you could find a DVD writer from Creative your problem would be solved?

    Anyway, check the web presence or call their help number (shudder at the
    thought).

    Turner

    "Pamela and Howard Signa" <psigna@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >I have ordered a DVD writer, but the store had to substitute the one that I
    > was getting. THe bezel of the new one is black,. Can this be changed out?
    > would prefer it to be the same color as my computer.
    >
    > Pam
    >

    > ---
    > No Virus Here!!

Gateway Virus DVD Writers Computers