Geforce FX 5600 XT and DirectX9.0b - Problems when running..

Anyone else having problems with this card and the latest NVidia ForceWare
drivers (56.72)??

The card won't render anything that uses DirectX (Direct 3D Acceleration).

When I run the DXDiag program the DirectDraw Acceleration works fine, but
the Direct 3D Acceleration bombs and returns errors for all DirectX 7, 8
and 9 tests.

I can't get any of my 3D games (Quake, UT, SpellForce) to run at all!!

Anyone else had similar problems, any advice would be helpful

Thanks

My Spec:

Windows 2000 (SP4)

Geforce FX 5600 XT - 128Mb
AMD Athlon 1.2Mhz
512 Ram
ABit KG7 Mainboard

DirectX 9.0b
Forceware drivers v56.72
1 answer Last reply
More about geforce 5600 directx9 problems running

    nitefoll <nitefoll@darkfall.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<fpt77010cjs2nhq68fo2f8pr4ts6492mc2@4ax.com>...
    > Anyone else having problems with this card and the latest NVidia ForceWare
    > drivers (56.72)??
    >
    > The card won't render anything that uses DirectX (Direct 3D Acceleration).
    >
    > When I run the DXDiag program the DirectDraw Acceleration works fine, but
    > the Direct 3D Acceleration bombs and returns errors for all DirectX 7, 8
    > and 9 tests.
    >
    > I can't get any of my 3D games (Quake, UT, SpellForce) to run at all!!
    >

    > Anyone else had similar problems, any advice would be helpful
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > My Spec:
    >
    > Windows 2000 (SP4)
    >
    > Geforce FX 5600 XT - 128Mb