Ghosting on FX5200

Today I bought and fitted a 128mb FX5200 to my PC. I wasn't looking for
anything outragous in the graphics front, just an upgrade from my Matrox
G400.

It installed OK, but I have very noticable ghosting on my display,
especially on text. I have loaded the latest drivers etc, but no difference.
Any suggestions?

Stephen.

Motherboard GA-7N400Pro
Athlon 2600+
512 mb
Mitsubishi Pro 900u 19" crt.

are you useing a monitor extension cable

if so thats why

get a quality one

"Stephen Soutar" <soapy_soutar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Today I bought and fitted a 128mb FX5200 to my PC. I wasn't looking for
> anything outragous in the graphics front, just an upgrade from my Matrox
> G400.
>
> It installed OK, but I have very noticable ghosting on my display,
> especially on text. I have loaded the latest drivers etc, but no
difference.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Stephen.
>
> Motherboard GA-7N400Pro
> Athlon 2600+
> 512 mb
> Mitsubishi Pro 900u 19" crt.

Could be the cable, could be the card. While the 2D analog components on
nVidia cards have improved significantly over the years, the FX5200 is the
bottom feeder. Going from a Matrox, known for good 2D quality, you will
notice a difference.

--
First of One
Formula SAE Racing:

"Stephen Soutar" <soapy_soutar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Today I bought and fitted a 128mb FX5200 to my PC. I wasn't looking for
> anything outragous in the graphics front, just an upgrade from my Matrox
> G400.
>
> It installed OK, but I have very noticable ghosting on my display,
> especially on text. I have loaded the latest drivers etc, but no
difference.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Stephen.
>
> Motherboard GA-7N400Pro
> Athlon 2600+
> 512 mb
> Mitsubishi Pro 900u 19" crt.

Ghosting is often caused by the monitor cable. It probably isn't anything
to do with the card. First make sure that the monitor cable isn't close to
any other cable, especially a power cable as these often cause interference.
You should also check the cable for any visible damage. If you are lucky
enough not to have a captive cable then you could try a different one.
"Stephen Soutar" <soapy_soutar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Today I bought and fitted a 128mb FX5200 to my PC. I wasn't looking for
> anything outragous in the graphics front, just an upgrade from my Matrox
> G400.
>
> It installed OK, but I have very noticable ghosting on my display,
> especially on text. I have loaded the latest drivers etc, but no
difference.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Stephen.
>
> Motherboard GA-7N400Pro
> Athlon 2600+
> 512 mb
> Mitsubishi Pro 900u 19" crt.

Thanks,

I changed the card for a Radeon 9200se, and everything in great now.