GEFORCE FX 5200 128mb v Geforce3 Ti200 64mb

hi all, i know i asked about the ATI v my GF3 ti200. just looked at a system
on ebay and it comes with the FX5200, will i be best to keep my GF3 or use
the new FX5200 ?

cheers all esp shronk if ya know this one :)
5 answers Last reply
More about geforce 5200 128mb geforce3 ti200 64mb

    It all depends on which 5200 it comes with. If it's a 128 bit card clocked
    at 275/500 (the fastest 5200 made) then it will be a tad faster than the
    GF3. Other 128 bit cards will come in a little slower (but may have better
    image quality). If it's a 64 bit card then there is no question. The GF3
    will be twice as fast.

    Dave

    "smith" <negativespam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > hi all, i know i asked about the ATI v my GF3 ti200. just looked at a
    system
    > on ebay and it comes with the FX5200, will i be best to keep my GF3 or use
    > the new FX5200 ?
    >
    > cheers all esp shronk if ya know this one :)

    "smith" <negativespam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<aFbdc.393$pQ6.362@newsfe1-gui.server.ntli.net>...
    > hi all, i know i asked about the ATI v my GF3 ti200. just looked at a system
    > on ebay and it comes with the FX5200, will i be best to keep my GF3 or use
    > the new FX5200 ?
    >
    > cheers all esp shronk if ya know this one :)

    Depends, if the FX5200 is an Ultra..or a Non Ultra with 128bits memory
    bus, then it will perform like a GF3 ti200

    If though it's a FX5200 Non Ultra with 64-bits memory bus.... then...
    then it will perform like a GF2 orso!

    gf3

    On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:35:56 +0100, "smith" <negativespam@nospam.com>
    wrote:

    >hi all, i know i asked about the ATI v my GF3 ti200. just looked at a system
    >on ebay and it comes with the FX5200, will i be best to keep my GF3 or use
    >the new FX5200 ?
    >
    >cheers all esp shronk if ya know this one :)

    it depend on are fast your system is check out some benchmark at
    futuremark.com just to get an idea.

    wrote:

    >hi all, i know i asked about the ATI v my GF3 ti200. just looked at a system
    >on ebay and it comes with the FX5200, will i be best to keep my GF3 or use
    >the new FX5200 ?
    >
    >cheers all esp shronk if ya know this one :)

    I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to part with the GeForce 3 card
    just yet. It may well outdo the FX5200 - and quite handsomely too.
    Although the FX5200 is ok for someone moving up from maybe a GeForce
    original or GeForce 2, I would say a GeForce 3 Ti200 might well make
    it look silly... If you had a Ti500, I would say - definitely trash
    the FX5200, so I am willing to bet that a Ti200 is only marginally
    less in performance than the Ti500, whereas FX5200's have provided
    only one thing amongst upgraders = Disappointment...!!!

    Of course, not all FX5200's are created equally. There are bound to be
    some which are better than others.. This also goes for GeForce 3 Ti200
    cards too...

Nvidia Geforce Graphics