can I disable driving mode / voice mode on LG VX6100

Last response: in Network Providers
August 15, 2005 11:41:44 PM

I have an annoying problem of hitting the button on the side of my LG
VX6100 phone when I slide it into my phone case and inadvertently
putting the phone into the driving mode.

Is there a way to disable this or a possible workaround?

Thanks,
Tim C.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:12:50 PM

fs63 <fs63@volcanomail.com> spewed:
> I have an annoying problem of hitting the button on the side of my
> LG VX6100 phone when I slide it into my phone case and inadvertently
> putting the phone into the driving mode.
>
> Is there a way to disable this or a possible workaround?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim C.

If you hold the # button down for a second or two, it will lock the
buttons - you'll be able to answer and I think adjust the ring volume, but
you won't be accidentally making calls, taking pictures, or going into
driving mode. :)

--
Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com
Anonymous

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:12:50 GMT, "Robert J Batina"
<rbatina@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

>If you hold the # button down for a second or two, it will lock the
>buttons - you'll be able to answer and I think adjust the ring volume, but
>you won't be accidentally making calls, taking pictures, or going into
>driving mode. :)

What is "driving mode"?

TIA

--

Pegleg
U.S. Navy Retired

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words:
freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill
August 16, 2005 4:29:14 PM

"Pegleg"
| >If you hold the # button down for a second or two, it will lock the
| >buttons - you'll be able to answer and I think adjust the ring volume,
but
| >you won't be accidentally making calls, taking pictures, or going into
| >driving mode. :)
|
| What is "driving mode"?

Another word for PI*
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 12:12:32 AM

a mode on the phone where you use your voice to issue commands, etc.
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 12:13:08 AM

thanks Robert.
Anonymous