Which brand 5900 ultra?

Craig

I will be upgrading from on Xtasy ti4200 to either the 5900 Ultra or the
5950 in the near future. But which brand should I go with. I have an MSI
mobo. Are the MSI cards good? Leadtek? Which one? I am VERY happy with
my Xtasy card, but visiontek is now ATI..:(

Craig

fred

I have the Asus V9950 Ultra on a Asus P4P800 mobo.
Silent card. (like the 4200) Slim card (really one slot). Good cooling on
both sides.
Happy with it. (for a while)

Fred

"Craig" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I will be upgrading from on Xtasy ti4200 to either the 5900 Ultra or the
> 5950 in the near future. But which brand should I go with. I have an
MSI
> mobo. Are the MSI cards good? Leadtek? Which one? I am VERY happy with
> my Xtasy card, but visiontek is now ATI..:(
>

> Craig

I have the BFG 5900 Ultra. At first I got the 5900nu but received it DOA. So I
RMA'd it. At first BFG sent me back the 5700 Ultra by mistake. When I sent it
back, they sent me the 5900 Ultra saying sorry for their mistake with the 5700
Ultra. I think BFG has great tech support (24/7) and they have a lifetime
warranty on their cards.

Craig

How is the BFG with MINOR overclocking? I have heard the MSI's overclock
nicely. I don't overclock a lot just a tad.

Thanks,

Craig

"PawsForThought" <darnit7@aol.comnolitter> wrote in message
> I have the BFG 5900 Ultra. At first I got the 5900nu but received it DOA.
So I
> RMA'd it. At first BFG sent me back the 5700 Ultra by mistake. When I
sent it
> back, they sent me the 5900 Ultra saying sorry for their mistake with the
5700
> Ultra. I think BFG has great tech support (24/7) and they have a lifetime
> warranty on their cards.

>From: "Craig" nospam@nospam.com

>How is the BFG with MINOR overclocking? I have heard the MSI's overclock
>nicely. I don't overclock a lot just a tad.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Craig

I just got the card last week so haven't really played around with much OC'ing
yet. Last night I OC'd by using Coolbits auto detect. First it came out at
564/1.00ghz but I felt the card was still not warmed up enough, so I played a
couple of games and auto detected again and got 507/966 from stock speed of
450/850. I ran it for a while like that and it was stable, no artifacts.