Driver on windows update site

Has anyone downloaded the driver from the windows update site? If so does
it work and what version is it? I am currently using version 52.16 and all
appears to be OK.

Bob

teqguy

Compfix wrote:

> Has anyone downloaded the driver from the windows update site? If so
> does it work and what version is it? I am currently using version
> 52.16 and all appears to be OK.
>
> Bob

The 52.16 has OpenGL issues, especially in Adobe After Effects.

I had to stop using them for a while due to crashes in any OpenGL v1.3
supporting applications.

Stick to using www.guru3d.com drivers or the official www.Nvidia.com
WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality License) certified drivers.

Guru3d tends to release the latest drivers before Nvidia does, and
they're always a reputable source.

The WHQL drivers have to pass a 6-24hr run by Microsoft before it can
be released, so you know these drivers are stable.

I have yet to see ATI release any WHQL drivers....