Personal Cinema on GeForce FX 5200

jay

Does anyboy have this? to look at the pictures on the website it doesnt look
like it has coax in like the ATI cards..how can it play / change channels if
it doesnt have Coax/Antenna in? Also doesnt it seem kinda dumb to challenge
ATI if your not going to do it right?

jay

Ahh so sorry the msi 8918 PC5200-VT128 have a CATV in just not on the break
out box....its located on the card itself...

"Jay" <jaysimmons@charter.net> wrote in message
> Does anyboy have this? to look at the pictures on the website it doesnt
look
> like it has coax in like the ATI cards..how can it play / change channels
if
> it doesnt have Coax/Antenna in? Also doesnt it seem kinda dumb to
challenge
> ATI if your not going to do it right?

teqguy

Jay wrote:

> Does anyboy have this? to look at the pictures on the website it
> doesnt look like it has coax in like the ATI cards..how can it play /
> change channels if it doesnt have Coax/Antenna in? Also doesnt it
> seem kinda dumb to challenge ATI if your not going to do it right?

You're absolutely right.

The Personal Cinema editions are for low end cards that don't support
ViVo because they lack an onboard video encoder.

I don't believe there is a similarly priced ATI All in Wonder available.

These cards were supposed to be used with media center PCs.

teqguy

Jay wrote:

> Does anyboy have this? to look at the pictures on the website it
> doesnt look like it has coax in like the ATI cards..how can it play /
> change channels if it doesnt have Coax/Antenna in? Also doesnt it
> seem kinda dumb to challenge ATI if your not going to do it right?

I forgot to mention...

in order to view TV with these cards you need an external tuner... as
there isn't one equipped with the card or video in adapter.