System goes to sleep...

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,asus.support.english.multimedia (More info?)

Greetings all... here is the setup:

P4 3.06 HT
Asus P4S8X-X
Asus 9280 (NVIDIA Ti-4200)
TT Silent PurePower 480w PSU -
+3.3V@30A;+5V@40A;-5V@0.3A;+12V@18A;-12V@0.8A;+5VSB@2A
Creative SB Live 5.1
512mb RAM PC2700

Latest and greatest BIOS, Drivers and Direct X

When playing Tiger Woods 2004 intermittently upon completing a hole the
monitor will go into sleep mode and will not come out unless I reboot. I
have been over this issue with Asus MULTIPLE times with no luck and I'm out
alot of time and money.

First they claim it was the video card and send me one (my cost to speed up
the shipping) plus they charged my CC for a crossship. My cost as well to
send back the old card... DID NOT FIX IT!!!

Second they claimed it was the setup... so I completely rebuild on another
HDD as per their instructions and it still happens.

Third they claim that my PSU must have at least 28A on the +3.3v, mine had
22A so I purchase a nice shiny new PSU with 30A on the +3.3v.... guess
what... SAME RESULT!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Nix the "nospam" if you wish to