SA: Red dots

Last response: in Video Games
a b U Graphics card
June 29, 2005 6:26:03 PM

Has anyone else had a problem with red dots all over the screen?

They're not big, just one pixel in size.

At first I thought it might be my graphics card, a Geforce 6800, but I've
swapped it for my old Geforce 2 and I get the same problem with that.

As far as I can tell they only occur on the edges of colours, although not
all edges, and not in the middle of a solid block. So, for example,on the
main menu screen the large black background is clear, but theres red dots
on the edge of the text.

And it only happens in GTA:SA, not in any other games. I've even
re-installed VC just to check, and that runs fine.

TIA

--
scrum
http://www.onlineconverter.co.uk/?news

More about : red dots

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 30, 2005 9:28:45 AM

You don't need a camera, just a PrintScrn button and a paint program to
paste it in. I recommend only posing a small area of the screenshot,
'cos they tend to be huge.

Email it to me at snarks@gmail.com if you don't have web space.

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 30, 2005 9:46:12 AM

Hm, Google displays that as sna...@gmail.com, the email address is
snarks at gmail dot com (I'm not sure if I got it right, I sometimes
write snark instead of snarks).

Phil Hibbs.
a b U Graphics card
June 30, 2005 4:06:55 PM

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:26:03 GMT, scrumble <something@whatever.com>
wrote:

>Has anyone else had a problem with red dots all over the screen?
>
>They're not big, just one pixel in size.
>
>At first I thought it might be my graphics card, a Geforce 6800, but I've
>swapped it for my old Geforce 2 and I get the same problem with that.
>
>As far as I can tell they only occur on the edges of colours, although not
>all edges, and not in the middle of a solid block. So, for example,on the
>main menu screen the large black background is clear, but theres red dots
>on the edge of the text.
>
>And it only happens in GTA:SA, not in any other games. I've even
>re-installed VC just to check, and that runs fine.

Get a camera (in the game that is), take a few photos and then post
the screenshot somewhere for us to look at.

andyt
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 1, 2005 2:53:56 AM

On 30 Jun 2005 05:46:12 -0700, PhilHibbs wrote:

> Hm, Google displays that as sna...@gmail.com, the email address is
> snarks at gmail dot com (I'm not sure if I got it right, I sometimes
> write snark instead of snarks).

I've managed to fix it. Turns out it was down to the screen resolution.

On every setting it was fine, except for 1200x960.

--
!