Motorola V710 and Apple iSync

Is there a trick to getting iSync to work properly with Motorola
phones, specifically the V710? After dropping my old Timeport in the
toilet and buying a V710 in a panic, I realized just how many numbers I
HAD on that old thing. After letting it dry out for a few days, the
Timeport now works and I was able to get the contacts transferred over.
But I'd really like to be able to get iSync to work with my new V710
so I can have a good backup.

It worked once, and then all the rest of the times I tried, I got this
error. The one time it worked was not the first time I tried it,
either - it was completely random that it worked that time. Error in
iSync log:

Error |V710| Cannot get full address book
Error Conduit V710 generated exception NSSyncConduitException:
Cannot
get full address book.
Error can't connect to the device to synchronize V710.

When I get home to my PC I plan to try to hack through the Bluetooth
OBEX exceptions, but this should work no matter what. I'm using the
Motorola USB data cable, not a bluetooth wireless connection.

Any help will be much appreciated!

-emiLy

Use Bluetooth, it works perfectly and without drivers. Cable connections are
troublesome with Macs due to driver problems...

I've used iSync with both a v710 and my new e815 - AND, it also connects to
EVDO and National Access without drivers, etc.

Go here if you want to see a good set of instructions:

http://stevenfettig.com/mythoughts/archives/000189.php

PC

On 8/16/05 10:29 PM, in article
1124256574.668871.191500@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,

emiLy@theecstore.com wrote:

> Is there a trick to getting iSync to work properly with Motorola
> phones, specifically the V710?

You can get it to work if you are running Tiger 10.4. Google v710 mac
isync

m-m