Dual Monitors.....What is the advantage??

Can someone tell me what the advantages are of having dual monitors??

Thanks,
Wildbill
A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Geforce FX 5200 128MB
Windows XP Home SP1
3Dvision TV/FM/Video Capture

Baked

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:49:21 -0400, Wildbill <> wrote:

>Can someone tell me what the advantages are of having dual monitors??

Twice as much screen real estate? Isn't it obvious?

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:49:21 -0400, Wildbill <> wrote:How do I go
about setting up dual monitors??
I am currently using a Dell P1110 21" CRT, but I have a spare HP 17"
CRT.
My video card has DVI, S-VIDEO, and 15-pin mini D-Sub (which both
moniters use)
Can I buy a splitter or something to hook them both up??

Thanks,
Wildbill

>Can someone tell me what the advantages are of having dual monitors??
>
>Thanks,
>Wildbill
>A7N8X-E Deluxe
>AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
>2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
>Geforce FX 5200 128MB
>Windows XP Home SP1
>3Dvision TV/FM/Video Capture

A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Geforce FX 5200 128MB
Windows XP Home SP1
3Dvision TV/FM/Video Capture

>Can someone tell me what the advantages are of having dual monitors??

If you are using something like Cubase, you can have the part window
on one screen and the mixer on the other, which is brilliant. You
could have a web page fullscreen on on monitor and a word processor on
the other and easily write about the stuff on the webpage without
tiling the windows or flicking back and forth. You could do stuff on
one monitor and have a copy of your screen on the other monitor and
other people could watch that one, like in a lecture.

Wildbill wrote:

> Can someone tell me what the advantages are of having dual monitors??
>
> Thanks,
> Wildbill
> A7N8X-E Deluxe
> AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
> 2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
> Geforce FX 5200 128MB
> Windows XP Home SP1
> 3Dvision TV/FM/Video Capture

For games, ah heck all, probably worse as some GPU time is used to
refresh the image on the monitor that's not being used in the game.

More desktop space :)

For debugging office apps (Access, Excel, Word VBA, VB applications,
etc) it's a real boon to have your document/form in one screen and
stepping through the code on the other screen. In that scenario it
really rocks.

--
But why is the Rum gone?

teqguy

Wildbill wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:49:21 -0400, Wildbill <> wrote:How do I go
> about setting up dual monitors??
> I am currently using a Dell P1110 21" CRT, but I have a spare HP 17"
> CRT.
> My video card has DVI, S-VIDEO, and 15-pin mini D-Sub (which both
> moniters use)
> Can I buy a splitter or something to hook them both up??
>
> Thanks,
> Wildbill
>

> > Can someone tell me what the advantages are of having dual
> > monitors??
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Wildbill
> > A7N8X-E Deluxe
> > AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
> > 2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
> > Geforce FX 5200 128MB
> > Windows XP Home SP1
> > 3Dvision TV/FM/Video Capture
>
> A7N8X-E Deluxe
> AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
> 2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
> Geforce FX 5200 128MB
> Windows XP Home SP1
> 3Dvision TV/FM/Video Capture

You guys forgot to mention web browsing.

<Wildbill> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me what the advantages are of having dual monitors??

Productivity. You might like having your word processor on one monitor and
your spreadsheet on another. This is the basic kind of use. Or watch a video
on one and work on the other.

For gaming, well, you can get an extra-wide Quake III screen or something, I
dunno I never tried it.

Darkfalz wrote:

> <Wildbill> wrote in message
>
>>Can someone tell me what the advantages are of having dual monitors??
>

> Productivity. You might like having your word processor on one monitor and
> your spreadsheet on another. This is the basic kind of use. Or watch a video
> on one and work on the other.
>
> For gaming, well, you can get an extra-wide Quake III screen or something, I
> dunno I never tried it.

I dunno if any games support that but if they did I wouldn't try it on
my 5600, I have enough trouble powering one screen. The OP has a 5200 so
I assume he doesn't play games or if he does they're at 640x480 or else
run like Powerpoint slideslows ;-)

--
But why is the Rum gone?

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:49:21 -0400, Wildbill <> wrote:

>Can someone tell me what the advantages are of having dual monitors??
>
>Thanks,
>Wildbill
>A7N8X-E Deluxe
>AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
>2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
>Geforce FX 5200 128MB
>Windows XP Home SP1
>3Dvision TV/FM/Video Capture

um... how come noone said 'more porn', yet???

OverKlocker wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:49:21 -0400, Wildbill <> wrote:
>

>>Can someone tell me what the advantages are of having dual monitors??
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Wildbill
>>A7N8X-E Deluxe
>>AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
>>2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
>>Geforce FX 5200 128MB
>>Windows XP Home SP1
>>3Dvision TV/FM/Video Capture
>

> um... how come noone said 'more porn', yet???

we get anough in our inboxes :)

--
Error reading sig - A)bort R)etry I)nfluence with large hammer