Hardware accelerated avi

Is hardware accelerated avi playback possible with some plugins . Or does
nvidia drivers support I have 4600 .I have alot a tv episodes on my computer
that i like to watch.

wired and confused wrote:

> Is hardware accelerated avi playback possible with some plugins . Or does
> nvidia drivers support I have 4600 .I have alot a tv episodes on my computer
> that i like to watch.

I don't know about xlr8'd avi playback but I assume since you have a
4600 you haven't stuck that into a 233MHz Celery or something equally
stoopid so your machine should be capable of playing back those episodes
while crunching seti units in the background with ease.

--
But why is the Rum gone?

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

playback of movies (dvd and avi) requires a processor of 600mhz or faster
and the right codecs installed. hardware acceleration of the video card will
help but isnt critical.

"wired and confused" <johnsongerry@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Is hardware accelerated avi playback possible with some plugins . Or does
> nvidia drivers support I have 4600 .I have alot a tv episodes on my
computer
> that i like to watch.

teqguy

Sleepy wrote:

> playback of movies (dvd and avi) requires a processor of 600mhz or
> faster and the right codecs installed. hardware acceleration of the
> video card will help but isnt critical.
>
> "wired and confused" <johnsongerry@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Is hardware accelerated avi playback possible with some plugins .
> > Or does nvidia drivers support I have 4600 .I have alot a tv
> > episodes on my
> computer
> > that i like to watch.

The codec itself determines whether hardware acceleration is used or
not.

The software may have the option to turn hardware acceleration on, but
whether it's used to its full capability is beyond me.

I think if you use WinDVD with hardware acceleration turned on, it
should suffice for what you want to do.