processor

I have a Gateway select 950. AMD Processor. According to the Gateway website
I cannot upgrade the processor alone. I know how to install dvd writers,
hard drives, cards, etc. I have never tried to cange a processor. Does
anyone know of a faster processor that I could upgrade to?

Pam

---
No Virus Here!!

If it is a socketed processor and not a slot A processor, the fastest Athlon
cpu that it would take is a 1.3Ghz. You would never notice the difference.
Invest in more ram and a 7200 rpm hard drive with an 8 meg cache and that
should kick things up a bit.

"Pamela and Howard Signa" <psigna@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I have a Gateway select 950. AMD Processor. According to the Gateway
>website
> I cannot upgrade the processor alone. I know how to install dvd writers,
> hard drives, cards, etc. I have never tried to cange a processor. Does
> anyone know of a faster processor that I could upgrade to?
>
> Pam
>

> ---
> No Virus Here!!

I have 768 TRam and 60 GB hard drive and 10 GB harddrive. Not really seeing
a slow down right now just pondering for the future.

"Tweek" <shawnwinget@nospam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
If it is a socketed processor and not a slot A processor, the fastest Athlon
cpu that it would take is a 1.3Ghz. You would never notice the difference.
Invest in more ram and a 7200 rpm hard drive with an 8 meg cache and that
should kick things up a bit.

"Pamela and Howard Signa" <psigna@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I have a Gateway select 950. AMD Processor. According to the Gateway
>website
> I cannot upgrade the processor alone. I know how to install dvd writers,
> hard drives, cards, etc. I have never tried to cange a processor. Does
> anyone know of a faster processor that I could upgrade to?
>
> Pam
>

> ---
> No Virus Here!!

---