Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

bhoopesh

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Hello,
Few months b4 oly i bought my laptop. Does this blue screen error make my hard disk crash?? I don hav the backup of my data.. :( What shud i do to rectify this problem?? pls help.. :)

bhoopesh

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 16393

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFA80AEB55BF0
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF88005D34037
BCP4: 0000000000000005
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111710-17331-01.dmp
C:\Users\Bhoopesh\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-61058-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

assass3n1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Does that site include a fix? All I can find is software that put the prob in lame-mans terms. INSTANCE ONE: Did you install or conected any hardware or driver software. If so and in any instance did you try to restore it to a system restore point? INSTANCE TWO: Blue screen of death usuallky means incompatible hardware is installed. INSTANCE TREE: It can also signal the oncoming of hardware failure i.e. modems, display adapter, etc. Also, it could just mean a driver u installed or an update windows update installed improperly is the culprit. System restore point or driver roll back or update should solve this. It is known as the blue screen of death. lol... INSTANCE FOUR: Since its a laptop the usual culprit is a ram chip going bad. Fix easy... REPLACE IT. If you have 2 ram chips take 1 out at a time and replace 1 at a time. Rebooting ur system after each attempt. INSTANCE FIVE: It could be the os is installed on a section of the hd in a bad cluster but since it creates a dump file for u, its not likely... Try reinstalling windows, if you haven't already to replace system files and drivers. If ur info is backed up, choose the option to format drive for reasurance. If after installing windows again blue screen persists, run check on hd and hardware. How??? Thats another post, lol. With the blue screen just a dump file isn't helpful, please describe your personal interaction you've seen it behavingg or it could be any of the above. But I gave u a few things to trouble shoot... good luck

assass3n1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
I stand corrected, but did suggest since its a laptop the ram is usually the culprit. I hate laptops, convinient but troublesome with few solutions other than sending them back to the manufacturer. your laptop meets the INSTANCE THREE and FOUR. U are very lucky. U can fix this instantly. Use the method in INSTANCE FOUR if yo have 2 me chips. If you only have 1 mem chip, just buy another one which is not so instant of a solution depending on ur funds. Good Luck.

It's usually as easy to take the RAM out of a laptop as it is from a PC and if there are two sticks, withdraw one and see if that helps the situation. If it doesn't, swap them back around and test again. Memory scans tests are fine to a point but I find it quicker to check which one is causing the problem.