A very few Aopen genuine FX5900/128 have reappeared on Dab..

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:22:20 +0100, "The Old Man" <spam@spam.com>
wrote:

>I bought one of the Aopen FX5900 128MB cards from Dabs about a month ago for
>£140. I noticed they dropped to £129 last week. Mine overlcoked easily to
>59050 uoltra speeds out of the box and plays Far Cry at "Very High" settings
>easily so I just went to order one for my son's PC and they have dissapeared
>from the product listing.
>
>Does anyone know if they have been discontinued and replaced with another
>model or do you know of another supplier?

A few weeks ago I replied to the above as follows:---

Out of stock. Never to be replaced. Value for money for too good....
Manufacturers have moved to the much-cheaper-to-produce XT versions.
Same here in the US. Any remaining 5900nU have inflated prices.

Well, I was very wrong.

Dabs have just 8 in stock@ 129 pounds as of a few minutes ago.
Picture shows the original nVidia 5900 reference heat-sink design,
which is the giveaway clue.

I do hope "The Old Man" is reading this posting, as I obviously
can't email him....

John Lewis
2 answers Last reply
More about aopen genuine fx5900 reappeared

    > On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:22:20 +0100, "The Old Man" <spam@spam.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I bought one of the Aopen FX5900 128MB cards from Dabs about a month ago
    for
    > >£140. I noticed they dropped to £129 last week. Mine overlcoked easily to
    > >59050 uoltra speeds out of the box and plays Far Cry at "Very High"
    settings
    > >easily so I just went to order one for my son's PC and they have
    dissapeared
    > >from the product listing.
    > >
    > >Does anyone know if they have been discontinued and replaced with another
    > >model or do you know of another supplier?
    > >

    > A few weeks ago I replied to the above as follows:---
    >
    > Out of stock. Never to be replaced. Value for money for too good....
    > Manufacturers have moved to the much-cheaper-to-produce XT versions.
    > Same here in the US. Any remaining 5900nU have inflated prices.

    ----------

    > Well, I was very wrong.
    >
    > Dabs have just 8 in stock@ 129 pounds as of a few minutes ago.
    > Picture shows the original nVidia 5900 reference heat-sink design,
    > which is the giveaway clue.
    >
    > I do hope "The Old Man" is reading this posting, as I obviously
    > can't email him....
    >
    > John Lewis

    John,
    You're bloody fantastic mate! There were 8 left according to the site so I
    just ordered quickly!
    Many thanks mate.
    Graham.

    can they ship to U.S. . I want to use the free shipping. LOL
    "The Old Man" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message

    > "John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:22:20 +0100, "The Old Man" <spam@spam.com>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >I bought one of the Aopen FX5900 128MB cards from Dabs about a month
    ago
    > for
    > > >£140. I noticed they dropped to £129 last week. Mine overlcoked easily
    > > >59050 uoltra speeds out of the box and plays Far Cry at "Very High"
    > settings
    > > >easily so I just went to order one for my son's PC and they have
    > dissapeared
    > > >from the product listing.
    > > >
    > > >Does anyone know if they have been discontinued and replaced with
    another
    > > >model or do you know of another supplier?
    > > >

    > > A few weeks ago I replied to the above as follows:---
    > >
    > > Out of stock. Never to be replaced. Value for money for too good....
    > > Manufacturers have moved to the much-cheaper-to-produce XT versions.
    > > Same here in the US. Any remaining 5900nU have inflated prices.

    > ----------
    > >
    > > Well, I was very wrong.
    > >
    > > Dabs have just 8 in stock@ 129 pounds as of a few minutes ago.
    > > Picture shows the original nVidia 5900 reference heat-sink design,
    > > which is the giveaway clue.
    > >
    > > I do hope "The Old Man" is reading this posting, as I obviously
    > > can't email him....
    > >
    > > John Lewis
    >
    > John,
    > You're bloody fantastic mate! There were 8 left according to the site so I
    > just ordered quickly!
    > Many thanks mate.
    > Graham.

Nvidia Graphics