FX5900 Settings

bill

Now that I have a FX5900, are there nVidia settings I can take advantage of?
I noticed that the Squid demo readme suggested that I run the AA setting at
4x. Can I keep this setting activated? Are there others?

Thanks,
Bill

In article <ngxgc.23340$ab3.15285@fed1read02>, billschmitt@cox.net
says...
> Now that I have a FX5900, are there nVidia settings I can take advantage of?
> I noticed that the Squid demo readme suggested that I run the AA setting at
> 4x. Can I keep this setting activated? Are there others?

You'll have to experiment to determine the tradeoff between graphics
quality and game performance. With the latest Nvidia reference drivers
you can set these options on a per-game basis (56.72).

The FX5900 should allow you to run 2XAA for most games without too much
of a performance hit (generally speaking).

However, be aware, that both AA/AF can have a significant negative
effect on framerates in games.