nVidia horsepower

No flames, no them -vs- us posts.

Which nVidia DX9 card, has at least the same horsepower as an ATI Radeon
9500pro.

I use both ATI and nVidia , and dont buy into one-better-then-the-other
posts. I like both companies.

Just dont like both companies marketing (model number) stratagies. True card
horsepower gets lost in the schemes.

Thanks...
6 answers Last reply
More about nvidia horsepower

    "Sept1967" <sept1967@highstream.(Erase)net> wrote in message
    > No flames, no them -vs- us posts.
    >
    > Which nVidia DX9 card, has at least the same horsepower as an ATI Radeon
    > 9500pro.
    >
    > Just dont like both companies marketing (model number) stratagies. True
    card
    > horsepower gets lost in the schemes.

    To match the ATi 9500Pro in DX9 - the FX5700Ultra or the FX5900XT will get
    you in the ballpark.

    In non-DX9 applications, the Ti4600 would be the closest, but the 9500Pro
    would have mostly better performance depending on the settings and drivers.

    Tim

    I already have a 9500Pro in my AMS SFF (P4 2.4GHz)
    And I have an MSI ti4200 8x AGP in my Barton 2600+. That was the video card
    I was looking to bump down to another system, to get a faster DX 9 card in
    with the AMD.

    I heard the 5700u fans sound like a dustbuster, and was loking towards a
    5900xt.
    The 5600's looked alittle weak (as an upgrade from a ti4200).

    Here is a comparison done @ Tom's .. between a TI 4200 and 4400.

    http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021202/radeon_9500-06.html

    "Sept1967" <sept1967@highstream.(Erase)net> wrote in message
    > No flames, no them -vs- us posts.
    >
    > Which nVidia DX9 card, has at least the same horsepower as an ATI Radeon
    > 9500pro.
    >
    > I use both ATI and nVidia , and dont buy into one-better-then-the-other
    > posts. I like both companies.
    >
    > Just dont like both companies marketing (model number) stratagies. True
    card
    > horsepower gets lost in the schemes.
    >
    > Thanks...

    {cough} DX 9 cards...

    "Wookie" <Tom@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Here is a comparison done @ Tom's .. between a TI 4200 and 4400.
    >
    > http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021202/radeon_9500-06.html
    >

    > "Sept1967" <sept1967@highstream.(Erase)net> wrote in message
    > > No flames, no them -vs- us posts.
    > >
    > > Which nVidia DX9 card, has at least the same horsepower as an ATI Radeon
    > > 9500pro.
    > >
    > > I use both ATI and nVidia , and dont buy into one-better-then-the-other
    > > posts. I like both companies.
    > >
    > > Just dont like both companies marketing (model number) stratagies. True
    > card
    > > horsepower gets lost in the schemes.
    > >
    > > Thanks...

    "Sept1967" <sept1967@highstream.(Erase)net> wrote in message
    > No flames, no them -vs- us posts.
    >
    > Which nVidia DX9 card, has at least the same horsepower as an ATI Radeon
    > 9500pro.
    >
    > I use both ATI and nVidia , and dont buy into one-better-then-the-other
    > posts. I like both companies.
    >
    > Just dont like both companies marketing (model number) stratagies. True
    card
    > horsepower gets lost in the schemes.
    >
    > Thanks...

    I Myself have a Radeon 9500 non-pro with the extra pipelines enabled - but
    no 256bit memory interface - so effectively, its a 64mb Radeon 9500 pro. I
    get a decent 3dMark 01 score - and would compare it to a GeForce 4 Ti4400
    easily - although i suspect it'd also urinate from a great height over the
    FX5600.

    HardOCP has benchmarks with the R300 based 9500 vs the GeForce 4's - and
    while the GeForce 4's and the Radeon 9500 are neck and neck in the regular
    test - once AA and AF are turned on - the Radeon eliminates them. Total
    annihilation! :D

    Its a very good card and serves me well. Also - its got better DX9 features
    (IMO) than the GeForce FX's.

    to recap - at least as fast as a GeForce FX5600 if not moreso.

    Sept1967 wrote:

    > {cough} DX 9 cards...

    http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

    Includes 9500 and FX series.

    --
    Error reading sig - A)bort R)etry I)nfluence with large hammer

Nvidia Marketing ATI Graphics