eddie

Hi all,
I know this has been mentioned before. I have an MSI 5600 VTDR 128 card
sitting in my AGP slot. Current driver: 56.72. In the MSI information area,
The AGP control squares are white, but I cannot access them. Cannot tick
them. Other data says PCI 1. I have had the same on other drivers.

Sys. XP with Service pck 1
Mobo Name : Base Board
Manufacturer : ASUSTek Computer Inc.
Product Name : P4P800 Delux
Version : Rev 1.xx

CPU Intel 2.4 c running at 800 FSB
Ram = 3D Ram, Kingston 2 X 512 dual channel

I did not have this prob under ME.

Eddie

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 05:59:48 -0700, "Eddie" <Woofdog@kennel.com.au>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>I know this has been mentioned before. I have an MSI 5600 VTDR 128 card
>sitting in my AGP slot. Current driver: 56.72. In the MSI information area,
>The AGP control squares are white, but I cannot access them. Cannot tick
>them. Other data says PCI 1. I have had the same on other drivers.
>
>Sys. XP with Service pck 1
>Mobo Name : Base Board
>Manufacturer : ASUSTek Computer Inc.
>Product Name : P4P800 Delux
>Version : Rev 1.xx
>
>CPU Intel 2.4 c running at 800 FSB
>Ram = 3D Ram, Kingston 2 X 512 dual channel
>

>I did not have this prob under ME.
>
>Eddie

You need to install the AGP driver from the ASUS cd that was supplied
with your Mobo.

"Fluzi_Suzi" <headgirl@school.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 05:59:48 -0700, "Eddie" <Woofdog@kennel.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >I know this has been mentioned before. I have an MSI 5600 VTDR 128 card
> >sitting in my AGP slot. Current driver: 56.72. In the MSI information
area,
> >The AGP control squares are white, but I cannot access them. Cannot tick
> >them. Other data says PCI 1. I have had the same on other drivers.

Why won't you set the AGP in the BIOS ?

> >Sys. XP with Service pck 1
> >Mobo Name : Base Board
> >Manufacturer : ASUSTek Computer Inc.
> >Product Name : P4P800 Delux
> >Version : Rev 1.xx
> >
> >CPU Intel 2.4 c running at 800 FSB
> >Ram = 3D Ram, Kingston 2 X 512 dual channel
> >

> >I did not have this prob under ME.
> >
> >Eddie
> >

> You need to install the AGP driver from the ASUS cd that was supplied
> with your Mobo.

eddie

"Tal Fucus" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net> wrote in message

> "Fluzi_Suzi" <headgirl@school.com> wrote in message
> > On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 05:59:48 -0700, "Eddie" <Woofdog@kennel.com.au>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Hi all,
> > >I know this has been mentioned before. I have an MSI 5600 VTDR 128 card
> > >sitting in my AGP slot. Current driver: 56.72. In the MSI information
> area,
> > >The AGP control squares are white, but I cannot access them. Cannot
tick
> > >them. Other data says PCI 1. I have had the same on other drivers.
> > >

> Why won't you set the AGP in the BIOS ?

I HAVE!

Eddie

eddie

"Fluzi_Suzi" <headgirl@school.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 05:59:48 -0700, "Eddie" <Woofdog@kennel.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >I know this has been mentioned before. I have an MSI 5600 VTDR 128 card
> >sitting in my AGP slot. Current driver: 56.72. In the MSI information
area,
> >The AGP control squares are white, but I cannot access them. Cannot tick
> >them. Other data says PCI 1. I have had the same on other drivers.
> >
> >Sys. XP with Service pck 1
> >Mobo Name : Base Board
> >Manufacturer : ASUSTek Computer Inc.
> >Product Name : P4P800 Delux
> >Version : Rev 1.xx
> >
> >CPU Intel 2.4 c running at 800 FSB
> >Ram = 3D Ram, Kingston 2 X 512 dual channel
> >

> >I did not have this prob under ME.
> >
> >Eddie
> >

> You need to install the AGP driver from the ASUS cd that was supplied
> with your Mobo.

I have

Eddie

eddie

"Eddie" <Woofdog@kennel.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I know this has been mentioned before. I have an MSI 5600 VTDR 128 card
> sitting in my AGP slot. Current driver: 56.72. In the MSI information
area,
> The AGP control squares are white, but I cannot access them. Cannot tick
> them. Other data says PCI 1. I have had the same on other drivers.
>
> Sys. XP with Service pck 1
> Mobo Name : Base Board
> Manufacturer : ASUSTek Computer Inc.
> Product Name : P4P800 Delux
> Version : Rev 1.xx
>
> CPU Intel 2.4 c running at 800 FSB
> Ram = 3D Ram, Kingston 2 X 512 dual channel
>

> I did not have this prob under ME.
>
> Eddie

Ohhh Dear, I swore I had as every time that I reformat etc the first thing I
do is setup the mobo drivers.....
Ummmm, errrrr, sorry, you were right re mobo driver. On inspection I was
amazed to find that it was NOT set up!
So, just proves that one must always check despite being sure, nay, CERTAIN.

Ta again. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Eddie ;-(

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

> "Eddie" <Woofdog@kennel.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> > I know this has been mentioned before. I have an MSI 5600 VTDR 128 card
> > sitting in my AGP slot. Current driver: 56.72. In the MSI information
> area,
> > The AGP control squares are white, but I cannot access them. Cannot tick
> > them. Other data says PCI 1. I have had the same on other drivers.
> >
> > Sys. XP with Service pck 1
> > Mobo Name : Base Board
> > Manufacturer : ASUSTek Computer Inc.
> > Product Name : P4P800 Delux
> > Version : Rev 1.xx
> >
> > CPU Intel 2.4 c running at 800 FSB
> > Ram = 3D Ram, Kingston 2 X 512 dual channel
> >

> > I did not have this prob under ME.
> >
> > Eddie
>
> Ohhh Dear, I swore I had as every time that I reformat etc the first thing
> do is setup the mobo drivers.....
> Ummmm, errrrr, sorry, you were right re mobo driver. On inspection I was
> amazed to find that it was NOT set up!
> So, just proves that one must always check despite being sure, nay,
CERTAIN.

> Ta again. Sorry to have wasted your time.
>
> Eddie ;-(
>
> Why worry , diff between agp is virtually unnoticeable by the human eye
anyway, frame rate increase is tiny.

eddie

"phil" <phip.dr@bdd;kv;lkf.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Ohhh Dear, I swore I had as every time that I reformat etc the first
thing
> > do is setup the mobo drivers.....
> > Ummmm, errrrr, sorry, you were right re mobo driver. On inspection I was
> > amazed to find that it was NOT set up!
> > So, just proves that one must always check despite being sure, nay,
> CERTAIN.
> >
> > Ta again. Sorry to have wasted your time.
> >
> > Eddie ;-(
> >
> > Why worry , diff between agp is virtually unnoticeable by the human eye
> anyway, frame rate increase is tiny.

Yes, you are right. I don't actually notice any difference. But, it's just
comforting to know that at least I'm using the features that the mobo has
and that there is not a bug or problem (me!) preventing this. Be a bit like
having an 800 fsb, but not being able to go past 400.

Eddie