Is a 6800 better than a 5900 for the same price?

Is the standard 6800 fro $299 better than a 5900u for$299?

Mike
4 answers Last reply
More about 6800 5900 price

    > Hell, all comparable GeForce 4 cards out perform
    > their FX conterparts, except the FX has DX9 support and that's about it.

    And even that's spotty. The bottom line is that buying anything below a
    5900 is a waste. The TI4600 will outrun almost anything below it for a lot
    less money. I think the FX series was a failure, personally. I'll probably
    skip it and upgrade my TI4800 with a mid-range 6800 once the product line is
    fleshed out.

    Actually, the 5900XT is a good deal.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at
    uce@ftc.gov
    Thanks, robots.

    I agree. It looks like Nvidia is trying to forget the FX line of cards too
    as they have dropped the FX moniker all together. The new card is called a
    6800 not an FX6800.

    DaveL

    In article <fbGdnc6KPr59nB7dRVn-uQ@comcast.com>, mikebutler33
    @hotmail.com said...
    > Is the standard 6800 fro $299 better than a 5900u for$299?
    >
    > Mike

    And just how the hell is anyone going to tell you when there are no 6800
    of any kind around in retail?

    Only reviews are of the ultra version (that I've seen) and speculating
    on the performance of the crippled non-ultra version is not useful to
    you or anyone else. Better to wait a short time until they are atleast
    in reviewers hands.

Nvidia Graphics