Is a 6800 better than a 5900 for the same price?

Is the standard 6800 fro $299 better than a 5900u for$299?

Mike

> Hell, all comparable GeForce 4 cards out perform
> their FX conterparts, except the FX has DX9 support and that's about it.

And even that's spotty. The bottom line is that buying anything below a
5900 is a waste. The TI4600 will outrun almost anything below it for a lot
less money. I think the FX series was a failure, personally. I'll probably
skip it and upgrade my TI4800 with a mid-range 6800 once the product line is
fleshed out.

Actually, the 5900XT is a good deal.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

I agree. It looks like Nvidia is trying to forget the FX line of cards too
as they have dropped the FX moniker all together. The new card is called a
6800 not an FX6800.

DaveL

In article <fbGdnc6KPr59nB7dRVn-uQ@comcast.com>, mikebutler33
@hotmail.com said...
> Is the standard 6800 fro $299 better than a 5900u for$299?
>
> Mike

And just how the hell is anyone going to tell you when there are no 6800
of any kind around in retail?

Only reviews are of the ultra version (that I've seen) and speculating
on the performance of the crippled non-ultra version is not useful to
you or anyone else. Better to wait a short time until they are atleast
in reviewers hands.