Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 email problems

Last response: in Windows 7
October 23, 2009 7:36:06 AM

I have upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium. I knew there was no email programme but the easy transfer looked as though it transferred all my emails so I was not worried. Have all my emails been lost forever or are they stored somewhere? I know I have to download Windows Mail again (having difficulty finding it on the web) Not too technical an answer please I am a silver surfer. Thanks

More about : windows email problems

October 23, 2009 5:24:46 PM

i think the mail program is now a part of Live Essentials, http://download.live.com/ Also includes a better photo gallery and movie maker.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a b 1 Email
October 23, 2009 9:16:52 PM

You can use a third party free e-mail client like Incredimail, you may be able to import your Windows Mail e-mails into it.
m
l
Related resources
October 30, 2009 7:08:21 AM

Jonmor68 said:
You can use a third party free e-mail client like Incredimail, you may be able to import your Windows Mail e-mails into it.

Thank you very much for your help. I perhaps did not explain myself very well but I cannot find my emails to import. Since the upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista they have disappeared. This may be my fault as I used "easy transfer" and I think this was unnecessary when I was just upgrading. I have downloaded Thunderbird as my email. I would have liked to have found some of my emails as I honestly thought they would be somewhere in the system to import.
m
l

Best solution

October 31, 2009 12:37:48 AM

Troodaloo said:
Thank you very much for your help. I perhaps did not explain myself very well but I cannot find my emails to import. Since the upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista they have disappeared. This may be my fault as I used "easy transfer" and I think this was unnecessary when I was just upgrading. I have downloaded Thunderbird as my email. I would have liked to have found some of my emails as I honestly thought they would be somewhere in the system to import.

Hi, I just upgraded from Vista Home premium to Windows 7. Here's how I imported my emails. I searched for livemail in the windows explorer search field found in in the menu item. I then selected the 1 search result to activate it. This activations puts windows mail in your start menu. From the start menu select windows mail, and this should begin the import process. All of my emails were brought over. Hope this helps you.
November 5, 2009 6:01:02 AM

Thank you callynt for your help this has worked a treat. Thanks also for putting it in simple language for me
m
l
!