Which is Better?

I've got a GeForce 4 Ti4600 on my old system and a GeForce FX 5200 on my new
system.

Which is better? Please take into account Direct X ?compliance.

Uziyahu wrote:

> I've got a GeForce 4 Ti4600 on my old system and a GeForce FX 5200 on my new
> system.
>
> Which is better? Please take into account Direct X ?compliance.

Ti4600 = Lennox Lewis.
FX5200 = Couldn't punch it's way out of a wet paper bag.

Even though the 5200 is DX9, realistically the combination of the 4600's
DX8 and sheer grunt and your CPU's DX9 emulation will still beat the
5200's DX9 performance into a cocked hat.

--
Error reading sig - A)bort R)etry I)nfluence with large hammer

Damn, I didn't want to hear that, but thanks. Now I know.

--Uzi

"Trevor Best" <nospam@localhost> wrote in message
> Uziyahu wrote:
>
> > I've got a GeForce 4 Ti4600 on my old system and a GeForce FX 5200 on my
new
> > system.
> >
> > Which is better? Please take into account Direct X ?compliance.
> >

> Ti4600 = Lennox Lewis.
> FX5200 = Couldn't punch it's way out of a wet paper bag.
>
> Even though the 5200 is DX9, realistically the combination of the 4600's
> DX8 and sheer grunt and your CPU's DX9 emulation will still beat the
> 5200's DX9 performance into a cocked hat.
>
> --
> Error reading sig - A)bort R)etry I)nfluence with large hammer

You wouldn't happen to know of somewhere that has benchmarks of the GeForce
Ti4600 Vs. the GeForce FX 5200, would you?

(Been looking at what the GeForce FX 6800 Ultra can do... wow!)

--Uzi

"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Damn, I didn't want to hear that, but thanks. Now I know.
>
> --Uzi
>
> "Trevor Best" <nospam@localhost> wrote in message
> > Uziyahu wrote:
> >
> > > I've got a GeForce 4 Ti4600 on my old system and a GeForce FX 5200 on
my
> new
> > > system.
> > >
> > > Which is better? Please take into account Direct X ?compliance.
> > >

> > Ti4600 = Lennox Lewis.
> > FX5200 = Couldn't punch it's way out of a wet paper bag.
> >
> > Even though the 5200 is DX9, realistically the combination of the 4600's
> > DX8 and sheer grunt and your CPU's DX9 emulation will still beat the
> > 5200's DX9 performance into a cocked hat.
> >
> > --
> > Error reading sig - A)bort R)etry I)nfluence with large hammer

The 4600 POUNDS it! I have one and I bought a 5900U. It was not much better
and worse in a few games like Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004. So I returned it
and I'm still happy with my 4600.

If you look at Toms Hardware:
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html you will see that
the 4600 is twice as fast in most benchmarks.
Screw DX9 for the time being. Sell the 5200 on ebay and keep the 4600 for 6
months.

MIKE

> You wouldn't happen to know of somewhere that has benchmarks of the
GeForce
> Ti4600 Vs. the GeForce FX 5200, would you?
>
> (Been looking at what the GeForce FX 6800 Ultra can do... wow!)
>
> --Uzi
>
> "Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Damn, I didn't want to hear that, but thanks. Now I know.
> >
> > --Uzi
> >
> > "Trevor Best" <nospam@localhost> wrote in message

> my
> > new

> > > Ti4600 = Lennox Lewis.
> > > FX5200 = Couldn't punch it's way out of a wet paper bag.
> > >
> > > Even though the 5200 is DX9, realistically the combination of the
4600's
> > > DX8 and sheer grunt and your CPU's DX9 emulation will still beat the
> > > 5200's DX9 performance into a cocked hat.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Error reading sig - A)bort R)etry I)nfluence with large hammer

LOL! Holy Guacamole! It's over 2 times faster!

Looks like I've got some serious hardware switching to do!

Great site, thanks!

--Uzi

"Mike B" <mikebutler33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The 4600 POUNDS it! I have one and I bought a 5900U. It was not much
better
> and worse in a few games like Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004. So I returned it
> and I'm still happy with my 4600.
>
> If you look at Toms Hardware:
> http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html you will see that
> the 4600 is twice as fast in most benchmarks.
> Screw DX9 for the time being. Sell the 5200 on ebay and keep the 4600 for
6
> months.
>
> MIKE
>
> "Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > You wouldn't happen to know of somewhere that has benchmarks of the
> GeForce
> > Ti4600 Vs. the GeForce FX 5200, would you?
> >
> > (Been looking at what the GeForce FX 6800 Ultra can do... wow!)
> >
> > --Uzi
> >
> > "Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Damn, I didn't want to hear that, but thanks. Now I know.
> > >
> > > --Uzi
> > >
> > > "Trevor Best" <nospam@localhost> wrote in message

> on
> > my
> > > new

> 4600's

The Ti4600 is much faster, but is NOT DX9 capable.

The FX5200 is slowww, but is DX9 capable.

--
DaveW

> The Ti4600 is much faster, but is NOT DX9 capable.
>
> The FX5200 is slowww, but is DX9 capable.

The Ti4600 is most likely faster than the fx5200 even with DX9 apps.

The fx5200 is bog slow period...

Tim

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:53:42 GMT, "Uziyahu"
<NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I've got a GeForce 4 Ti4600 on my old system and a GeForce FX 5200 on my new
>system.
>
>Which is better? Please take into account Direct X ?compliance.

uh... you can't tell?

5600 doesn't compare to the Ti4200...

So the 5200Ultra is slower still... the 5200 even much slower.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

"t thome" <t_thome@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Nu2hc.25037$Yf6.22022@fed1read07>...
> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
> > The Ti4600 is much faster, but is NOT DX9 capable.
> >
> > The FX5200 is slowww, but is DX9 capable.
>
> The Ti4600 is most likely faster than the fx5200 even with DX9 apps.
>
> The fx5200 is bog slow period...
>
> Tim

Most games that can run in DX9 mode also have DX8 modes.... they just
switch back a few shaders to.. PS1.3/1.4 orso.