Best drivers for GeForce3 Ti 200?

I am putting together an Athlon XP 1700+ Win98SE machine that will be used
to play somewhat older games, including some that won't run on Win2000/XP.
I'll be using DirectX 8.1, nothing higher, and a GeForce3 Ti 200 that I've
had for a while. Can someone advise me as to the best drivers for this card?

Thanks!

"Neil Harrington" <not.here@ultranet.com> wrote in message
> I am putting together an Athlon XP 1700+ Win98SE machine that will be used
> to play somewhat older games, including some that won't run on Win2000/XP.
> I'll be using DirectX 8.1, nothing higher, and a GeForce3 Ti 200 that I've
> had for a while. Can someone advise me as to the best drivers for this
card?

> Thanks!

I've found the 41.09's to be both stable, and provide far better performance
than any of the later versions. The 30.82's are also pretty good.

"Kai Robinson" <kai.robinsonSPAM@tiscali.fr> wrote in message

> "Neil Harrington" <not.here@ultranet.com> wrote in message
> > I am putting together an Athlon XP 1700+ Win98SE machine that will be
used
> > to play somewhat older games, including some that won't run on
Win2000/XP.
> > I'll be using DirectX 8.1, nothing higher, and a GeForce3 Ti 200 that
I've
> > had for a while. Can someone advise me as to the best drivers for this
> card?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> I've found the 41.09's to be both stable, and provide far better
performance
> than any of the later versions. The 30.82's are also pretty good.

45.23's are also good. Been perfectly stable on my ti4600. I never noticed
that much of a performance decrease from the 41.09's.

You can find all of these versions on guru3d.com I believe.. not sure if
nvidia's site has old drivers or not. (I've never looked.)

Thanks very much to both of you. I'll try the 41.09s and maybe the others
suggested as well. Actually the 41.09 drivers are what I'm currently using
on the GF3--which at the moment is in a WinXP machine--and they have been
fine. I haven't tried any of the later ones and just wondered if there were
anything better.

I'm also building a faster machine which will have a GeForce4, and I've
noticed the 41.09s are much recommended for that too.

Neil

Well what ever drivers you end up choosing, if your stuck for looking for
older ones;

Heres the NVIDIA FTP site for drivers 12.41 through to the latest official
drivers

The 64 Directory is for 64 bit systems

> Thanks very much to both of you. I'll try the 41.09s and maybe the others
> suggested as well. Actually the 41.09 drivers are what I'm currently using
> on the GF3--which at the moment is in a WinXP machine--and they have been
> fine. I haven't tried any of the later ones and just wondered if there
were
> anything better.
>
> I'm also building a faster machine which will have a GeForce4, and I've
> noticed the 41.09s are much recommended for that too.
>
> Neil

Em, heres the address for that

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/

"grahamilton" <.@.com> wrote in message news:408445ca@212.67.96.135...
> Well what ever drivers you end up choosing, if your stuck for looking for
> older ones;
>
> Heres the NVIDIA FTP site for drivers 12.41 through to the latest official
> drivers
>
> The 64 Directory is for 64 bit systems
>

> "Neil Harrington" <not.here@ultranet.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks very much to both of you. I'll try the 41.09s and maybe the
others
> > suggested as well. Actually the 41.09 drivers are what I'm currently
using
> > on the GF3--which at the moment is in a WinXP machine--and they have
been
> > fine. I haven't tried any of the later ones and just wondered if there
> were
> > anything better.
> >
> > I'm also building a faster machine which will have a GeForce4, and I've
> > noticed the 41.09s are much recommended for that too.
> >
> > Neil

Try using driver 45.23 with that older card for stability.

--
DaveW

"Neil Harrington" <not.here@ultranet.com> wrote in message
> I am putting together an Athlon XP 1700+ Win98SE machine that will be used
> to play somewhat older games, including some that won't run on Win2000/XP.
> I'll be using DirectX 8.1, nothing higher, and a GeForce3 Ti 200 that I've
> had for a while. Can someone advise me as to the best drivers for this
card?

> Thanks!

"Neil Harrington" <not.here@ultranet.com> wrote in message
> I am putting together an Athlon XP 1700+ Win98SE machine that will be used
> to play somewhat older games, including some that won't run on Win2000/XP.
> I'll be using DirectX 8.1, nothing higher, and a GeForce3 Ti 200 that I've
> had for a while. Can someone advise me as to the best drivers for this
card?

> Thanks!

Well, i'll join in the cacophany of votes for the 41.09s... I haven't had my
Ti4600 long and already i'm on my third set of drivers :)

The recent set (5*.**) ran okay, but yesterday I tried the 41.09s I used to
run on my MX200 and my 3dMark01 score rocketed. Haven't tried any games yet.

Oh, and go ahead and install DX9 if you want- just because your card doesn't
support all the features, doesn't mean you need to stick with DX8.1. I have
a friend who plays DX9 games like Deus Ex: IW on a GF3 Ti500 without major
issues. Mind you, his standards are lower than mine (as is his spec :))

Finally, as a rec.photo.equipment.35mm and medium-format member, i'm
starting to feel like you're following me around :)

--
- Martin Francis

"Two hundred channels, and nothing but cats"
- Jasper

"Martin Francis" <removethisbeforeyoureplytoMcsalty@btinternet.com> wrote in
message news:c61ndd$9i6$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> "Neil Harrington" <not.here@ultranet.com> wrote in message
> > I am putting together an Athlon XP 1700+ Win98SE machine that will be
used
> > to play somewhat older games, including some that won't run on
Win2000/XP.
> > I'll be using DirectX 8.1, nothing higher, and a GeForce3 Ti 200 that
I've
> > had for a while. Can someone advise me as to the best drivers for this
> card?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Well, i'll join in the cacophany of votes for the 41.09s... I haven't had
my
> Ti4600 long and already i'm on my third set of drivers :)
>
> The recent set (5*.**) ran okay, but yesterday I tried the 41.09s I used
> run on my MX200 and my 3dMark01 score rocketed. Haven't tried any games
yet.

> Oh, and go ahead and install DX9 if you want- just because your card
doesn't
> support all the features, doesn't mean you need to stick with DX8.1. I
have
> a friend who plays DX9 games like Deus Ex: IW on a GF3 Ti500 without major
> issues. Mind you, his standards are lower than mine (as is his spec :))

Thanks. I probably will try DX9 on the faster system I'm building with a
Ti4200. But on this Win98SE system I'm reasonably sure I'll never have any
use for DX9.

> Finally, as a rec.photo.equipment.35mm and medium-format member, i'm
> starting to feel like you're following me around :)

<chuckle>
Now if you're a pistol shooter too . . . But then I haven't been on any of
the firearms-related NGs recently.

Neil

Thanks, Dave, I've made a note of that and may try it.

Neil

> Try using driver 45.23 with that older card for stability.
>
> --
> DaveW
>

> "Neil Harrington" <not.here@ultranet.com> wrote in message
> > I am putting together an Athlon XP 1700+ Win98SE machine that will be
used
> > to play somewhat older games, including some that won't run on
Win2000/XP.
> > I'll be using DirectX 8.1, nothing higher, and a GeForce3 Ti 200 that
I've
> > had for a while. Can someone advise me as to the best drivers for this
> card?
> >
> > Thanks!

Thanks a lot!

"grahamilton" <.@.com> wrote in message news:4084465e@212.67.96.135...
> Em, heres the address for that
>
> ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/
>

> "grahamilton" <.@.com> wrote in message news:408445ca@212.67.96.135...
> > Well what ever drivers you end up choosing, if your stuck for looking
for
> > older ones;
> >
> > Heres the NVIDIA FTP site for drivers 12.41 through to the latest
official
> > drivers
> >
> > The 64 Directory is for 64 bit systems
> >

> > "Neil Harrington" <not.here@ultranet.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks very much to both of you. I'll try the 41.09s and maybe the
> others
> > > suggested as well. Actually the 41.09 drivers are what I'm currently
> using
> > > on the GF3--which at the moment is in a WinXP machine--and they have
> been
> > > fine. I haven't tried any of the later ones and just wondered if there
> > were
> > > anything better.
> > >
> > > I'm also building a faster machine which will have a GeForce4, and
I've
> > > noticed the 41.09s are much recommended for that too.
> > >
> > > Neil

44.03s run fine on mine as well ...........