Upgrading from a 4600

Is there any card that can beat my 4600 in image quality .What cards will
give me a image quality increase.
Abit NF-7 MOBO
VISIONTEK TI600
2100 overclocked to 2133mhz from 1733mbz still runing 47c

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

Radeons have better image quality particularly in TV-OUT and DVD playback .
For desktop use and CAD work you cant beat Matrox
cards but those have piss-poor performance in games. If you're talking about
games then you need a faster card to turn the detail settings up - go for a
Radeon 9800pro

"wired and confused" <johnsongerry@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Is there any card that can beat my 4600 in image quality .What cards will
> give me a image quality increase.
> Abit NF-7 MOBO
> VISIONTEK TI600
> 2100 overclocked to 2133mhz from 1733mbz still runing 47c

I want something that looks good in games still shopping . I have found
these cards in my price range.
5900's 256mb
and 9800 pro 128mb
some more 5900's
I am looking for good image quality in my games not that speed is bad I need
both quality and speed.
"Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
> Radeons have better image quality particularly in TV-OUT and DVD playback
..
> For desktop use and CAD work you cant beat Matrox
> cards but those have piss-poor performance in games. If you're talking
about
> games then you need a faster card to turn the detail settings up - go for
> Radeon 9800pro
>

> "wired and confused" <johnsongerry@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Is there any card that can beat my 4600 in image quality .What cards
will
> > give me a image quality increase.
> > Abit NF-7 MOBO
> > VISIONTEK TI600
> > 2100 overclocked to 2133mhz from 1733mbz still runing 47c

there is NO way an ATI card 'looks' better in 2D than an Nvidia. I've
had both in the same rig countless times, and the Nvidia always looks
better in 2D (and 3D for that matter) applications.

I run a 21" Viewsonic P220-3 monitor at 1280x1024 @ 100mhz

ATI, under no circumstances, should ever be used for anything.