Firmware Update Help

Was going to be near a VZW center today so I decided to have my firmware
updated for my LG 7000.

I went from T70VZV08 to T70VZV10.

Would anyone have a listing what was included in the version 10 upgrade?

Thank you!

--
bg_jr.
4 answers Last reply

    *228 option 1 programs or reprograms your phone to use service. It programs
    your phone number and service codes and prl info. *228 dose nothing to the
    firmware ( operating system, software) for the phone. The firmware changes
    are made via a VZW store using a PC and data cable.

    "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I don't have answer but I just wondered if dialing *228 option 1 does the
    >same thing?
    >
    > "bg_jr." <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message
    >> Was going to be near a VZW center today so I decided to have my firmware
    >> updated for my LG 7000.
    >>
    >> I went from T70VZV08 to T70VZV10.
    >>
    >> Would anyone have a listing what was included in the version 10 upgrade?
    >>
    >> Thank you!
    >>
    >> --
    >> bg_jr.

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups
    > =----

    > Was going to be near a VZW center today so I decided to have my firmware
    > updated for my LG 7000.
    >
    > I went from T70VZV08 to T70VZV10.
    >
    > Would anyone have a listing what was included in the version 10 upgrade?

    Does upgrading the firmware of the lgvx7000 cost anything? i have this very
    same phone and i for one love it.

    I use to have an Lg 4400 phone and I got the firmware updates a few times a
    new one was released and now I have the LG 8000 and I have had the firmware
    updated on it once. I did not have to pay any thing. I think that if you get
    the firmware updated on your phone, it will improve how it functions and
    operates. It is just like a computer or networking router, you take a risk
    of turning your phone in to a paper weight if the firmware update should
    happen to fail or mess up in any way. I never have had any trouble, but
    there is a risk it could mess up.

    "Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message

    >> Was going to be near a VZW center today so I decided to have my firmware
    >> updated for my LG 7000.
    >>
    >> I went from T70VZV08 to T70VZV10.
    >>
    >> Would anyone have a listing what was included in the version 10 upgrade?
    >
    > Does upgrading the firmware of the lgvx7000 cost anything? i have this
    > very same phone and i for one love it.

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:56:04 -0700, "Lance Ballantyne"
    <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote:

    >> Was going to be near a VZW center today so I decided to have my firmware
    >> updated for my LG 7000.
    >>
    >> I went from T70VZV08 to T70VZV10.
    >>
    >> Would anyone have a listing what was included in the version 10 upgrade?
    >
    >Does upgrading the firmware of the lgvx7000 cost anything? i have this very
    >same phone and i for one love it.

    Had mine done just a few days ago, no charge.

    Do this though. After you pick up your phone check the firmware version and
    verify it was done.

    When I picked mine up after waiting an hour for it, it had the same version
    I left it with. The tech didn't do squat. He just gave me a receipt and
    told me to come back in an hour. I guess most techs assume the customers
    are brain dead as this one did and feel they will not check the version
    when they leave, as this one did.

    Well, I am going in there Monday to verify that that the manager told me he
    was going to remove him. I guess my having 35 years with the company might
    of made the manager aware that I do know some people that are even higher
    up than him.

    --
    bg_jr.

Verizon Firmware Internet Service Providers