Firmware Update Help

Last response: in Network Providers
August 19, 2005 7:20:13 PM

Was going to be near a VZW center today so I decided to have my firmware
updated for my LG 7000.

I went from T70VZV08 to T70VZV10.

Would anyone have a listing what was included in the version 10 upgrade?

Thank you!

--
bg_jr.

More about : firmware update

August 21, 2005 12:55:54 AM

*228 option 1 programs or reprograms your phone to use service. It programs
your phone number and service codes and prl info. *228 dose nothing to the
firmware ( operating system, software) for the phone. The firmware changes
are made via a VZW store using a PC and data cable.

"Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I don't have answer but I just wondered if dialing *228 option 1 does the
>same thing?
>
> "bg_jr." <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Was going to be near a VZW center today so I decided to have my firmware
>> updated for my LG 7000.
>>
>> I went from T70VZV08 to T70VZV10.
>>
>> Would anyone have a listing what was included in the version 10 upgrade?
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> --
>> bg_jr.

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 1:56:04 AM

> Was going to be near a VZW center today so I decided to have my firmware
> updated for my LG 7000.
>
> I went from T70VZV08 to T70VZV10.
>
> Would anyone have a listing what was included in the version 10 upgrade?

Does upgrading the firmware of the lgvx7000 cost anything? i have this very
same phone and i for one love it.
Related resources
August 21, 2005 4:42:15 PM

I use to have an Lg 4400 phone and I got the firmware updates a few times a
new one was released and now I have the LG 8000 and I have had the firmware
updated on it once. I did not have to pay any thing. I think that if you get
the firmware updated on your phone, it will improve how it functions and
operates. It is just like a computer or networking router, you take a risk
of turning your phone in to a paper weight if the firmware update should
happen to fail or mess up in any way. I never have had any trouble, but
there is a risk it could mess up.

"Lance Ballantyne" <ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote in message

>> Was going to be near a VZW center today so I decided to have my firmware
>> updated for my LG 7000.
>>
>> I went from T70VZV08 to T70VZV10.
>>
>> Would anyone have a listing what was included in the version 10 upgrade?
>
> Does upgrading the firmware of the lgvx7000 cost anything? i have this
> very same phone and i for one love it.

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 6:23:17 PM

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:56:04 -0700, "Lance Ballantyne"
<ldb10671@comcast.net> wrote:

>> Was going to be near a VZW center today so I decided to have my firmware
>> updated for my LG 7000.
>>
>> I went from T70VZV08 to T70VZV10.
>>
>> Would anyone have a listing what was included in the version 10 upgrade?
>
>Does upgrading the firmware of the lgvx7000 cost anything? i have this very
>same phone and i for one love it.

Had mine done just a few days ago, no charge.

Do this though. After you pick up your phone check the firmware version and
verify it was done.

When I picked mine up after waiting an hour for it, it had the same version
I left it with. The tech didn't do squat. He just gave me a receipt and
told me to come back in an hour. I guess most techs assume the customers
are brain dead as this one did and feel they will not check the version
when they leave, as this one did.

Well, I am going in there Monday to verify that that the manager told me he
was going to remove him. I guess my having 35 years with the company might
of made the manager aware that I do know some people that are even higher
up than him.

--
bg_jr.
!