jasper

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2003

Hi There

Ive just installed a PCI 5200 GeForce card in my machine alongside a Radeon
9800 in the AGP slot. Ive installed the latest Nvidia drivers but when I go
to the display control panel I get an 'Invalid Display Settings' dialog
appear with the error message:

"The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was
written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible with
this version of Windows."

This is with the latest XP drivers from Nvidias site on an XP system with
all the latest service packs and security updates. Can anyone suggest what
might be going wrong?

Many thanks

---

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

I thought Radeon 9800 series had mutimonitor support, this being the case
why the second card?

"Jasper" <jasperc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi There
>
> Ive just installed a PCI 5200 GeForce card in my machine alongside a
Radeon
> 9800 in the AGP slot. Ive installed the latest Nvidia drivers but when I
go
> to the display control panel I get an 'Invalid Display Settings' dialog
> appear with the error message:
>
> "The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was
> written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible
with
> this version of Windows."
>
> This is with the latest XP drivers from Nvidias site on an XP system with
> all the latest service packs and security updates. Can anyone suggest what
> might be going wrong?
>
> Many thanks
>

> ---

jasper

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2003

For 4 monitors

"anon" <anon@spoof.com> wrote in message
> I thought Radeon 9800 series had mutimonitor support, this being the case
> why the second card?

---

You have both ATI and NVidia drivers and cards installed on the same
machine. They are known to conflict with each other. Return the 5200 card
and get an ATI 2nd card.

--
DaveW

"Jasper" <jasperc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi There
>
> Ive just installed a PCI 5200 GeForce card in my machine alongside a
Radeon
> 9800 in the AGP slot. Ive installed the latest Nvidia drivers but when I
go
> to the display control panel I get an 'Invalid Display Settings' dialog
> appear with the error message:
>
> "The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was
> written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible
with
> this version of Windows."
>
> This is with the latest XP drivers from Nvidias site on an XP system with
> all the latest service packs and security updates. Can anyone suggest what
> might be going wrong?
>
> Many thanks
>

> ---

jasper

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2003

The card seems to work the device manager says so, and I cant understand why
if it was a card conflict the error message would be wrong version of
windows and not a conflict error. I have had the same cards working before
fine on another XP box as well.

> You have both ATI and NVidia drivers and cards installed on the same
> machine. They are known to conflict with each other. Return the 5200
card
> and get an ATI 2nd card.
>
> --
> DaveW
>

> "Jasper" <jasperc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi There
> >
> > Ive just installed a PCI 5200 GeForce card in my machine alongside a
> Radeon
> > 9800 in the AGP slot. Ive installed the latest Nvidia drivers but when I
> go
> > to the display control panel I get an 'Invalid Display Settings' dialog
> > appear with the error message:
> >
> > "The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was
> > written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible
> with
> > this version of Windows."
> >
> > This is with the latest XP drivers from Nvidias site on an XP system
with
> > all the latest service packs and security updates. Can anyone suggest
what
> > might be going wrong?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >

> > ---