So when are 6800's gonna be available?

And when in the UK?

"timbo" <timNOTREALEMAIL@bigpond.com> wrote in message
news:4085cb41$1@news.rivernet.com.au...
> when? thanks!

timbo wrote:
> when? thanks!

The 6800 should be available around the end of May and the 6800 Ultra some
time in early June. I have read that the Ultra draws 110 watts and requires
two independent power connectors, so if you plan on getting one you'd better
have a hefty power supply. nVidia is recommending 480 watts minimum.

You didn't ask but the ATI R420 will be announced next Monday, April 26.

TMC

"Too_Much_Coffee ®" <looking@the.grrrls> wrote in message
> timbo wrote:
> > when? thanks!
>
> The 6800 should be available around the end of May and the 6800 Ultra some
> time in early June. I have read that the Ultra draws 110 watts and
requires
> two independent power connectors, so if you plan on getting one you'd
better
> have a hefty power supply. nVidia is recommending 480 watts minimum.

Best have an Antec 550W PSU for safety and a little overhead.

"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<c667in$l4h$1@kermit.esat.net>...
> "Too_Much_Coffee ®" <looking@the.grrrls> wrote in message
> > timbo wrote:
> > > when? thanks!
> >
> > The 6800 should be available around the end of May and the 6800 Ultra some
> > time in early June. I have read that the Ultra draws 110 watts and
> requires
> > two independent power connectors, so if you plan on getting one you'd
> better
> > have a hefty power supply. nVidia is recommending 480 watts minimum.
>
> Best have an Antec 550W PSU for safety and a little overhead.

Yup and reserve one bush of the wiretree ESPECIALLY for the videocard.
I highly advice NOT to hook a harddisk on the same bush as any high
performing videocard.... it can kill the harddisk!

On 22 Apr 2004 04:26:51 -0700, superxml@yahoo.com (Dark Avenger)
wrote:

>"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<c667in$l4h$1@kermit.esat.net>...
>> "Too_Much_Coffee ®" <looking@the.grrrls> wrote in message
>> >
>> > The 6800 should be available around the end of May and the 6800 Ultra some
>> > time in early June. I have read that the Ultra draws 110 watts and
>> requires
>> > two independent power connectors, so if you plan on getting one you'd
>> better
>> > have a hefty power supply. nVidia is recommending 480 watts minimum.
>>
>> Best have an Antec 550W PSU for safety and a little overhead.
>
>Yup and reserve one bush of the wiretree ESPECIALLY for the videocard.

2 bushes if it is the 6800U !! ( You will need at least 18 amps on
the +12V rail for both the CPU and video card )

Make sure that your power-supply is at least a 3-bush one and use
power-splitters on the 3rd bush if you have a bunch of disk-drives.
They do not take much current.

John Lewis

>I highly advice NOT to hook a harddisk on the same bush as any high
>performing videocard.... it can kill the harddisk!

NaDa

john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) wrote:
> On 22 Apr 2004 04:26:51 -0700, superxml@yahoo.com (Dark Avenger)
> wrote:
>
> >"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Best have an Antec 550W PSU for safety and a little overhead.
> >
> >Yup and reserve one bush of the wiretree ESPECIALLY for the videocard.
>
> 2 bushes if it is the 6800U !! ( You will need at least 18 amps on
> the +12V rail for both the CPU and video card )
>
> Make sure that your power-supply is at least a 3-bush one and use
> power-splitters on the 3rd bush if you have a bunch of disk-drives.

My third bush goes by the name George W. It's real dumb and doesen't like to share.

> My third bush goes by the name George W. It's real dumb and doesen't like to share.

I had such a problem, untill it one day burned and...well ya know it
with burning bushes...just let it burn out!