looking for expert

Last response: in Network Providers
August 20, 2005 10:18:43 AM

I have an idea for a new product for Verizon. I have an attorney
working on the patent. My problem is that I am not a very technical
person. I am looking someone (hopefully in the Boston area) who has a
great deal of cell phone technical experience who could help me develop
the idea and bring it to market. Is there anyone out there interested?
Thanks

--
doug02346

More about : expert

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:41:54 PM

doug02346 wrote:
> I have an idea for a new product for Verizon. I have an attorney
> working on the patent. My problem is that I am not a very technical
> person. I am looking someone (hopefully in the Boston area) who has a
> great deal of cell phone technical experience who could help me
> develop the idea and bring it to market. Is there anyone out there
> interested? Thanks

The old patent lawyer addage:

$5 to research the idea
$500 to build the prototype
$5000 to patent the idea
$500,000 to market
$5,000,000 to defend the patent
August 20, 2005 10:19:36 PM

doug02346 wrote:
> I have an idea for a new product for Verizon. I have
> an attorne working on the patent. My problem is that
> I am not a very technical person. I am looking someone
> (hopefully in the Boston area) who has a great deal of
> cell phone technical experience who could help me
> develop the idea and bring it to market. Is there
> anyone out there interested? Thanks

Doesn't my Treo already have everything ?
August 20, 2005 10:19:37 PM

It doesn't have EVDO....

"Treo Leo" <treoleo@gmail.com> wrote in message

> doug02346 wrote:
>> I have an idea for a new product for Verizon. I have
>> an attorne working on the patent. My problem is that
>> I am not a very technical person. I am looking someone
>> (hopefully in the Boston area) who has a great deal of
>> cell phone technical experience who could help me
>> develop the idea and bring it to market. Is there
>> anyone out there interested? Thanks
>
> Doesn't my Treo already have everything ?

August 20, 2005 11:59:21 PM

Ah, you must have the new Treo model. The one with the replicator, and
phaser gun. Does it have a holograph generator too.

"Treo Leo" <treoleo@gmail.com> wrote in message

> doug02346 wrote:
>> I have an idea for a new product for Verizon. I have
>> an attorne working on the patent. My problem is that
>> I am not a very technical person. I am looking someone
>> (hopefully in the Boston area) who has a great deal of
>> cell phone technical experience who could help me
>> develop the idea and bring it to market. Is there
>> anyone out there interested? Thanks
>
> Doesn't my Treo already have everything ?

August 21, 2005 12:38:28 AM

doug02346 sez...

> I have an idea for a new product for Verizon.

There are a good many U.S. Patent Attorneys around. Are you familiar with
New York City?

Write back and I may provide you with some recommendations.

Oh and since we're talking about Verizon, for legal reasons, you may wish to
contact Verizon and if they hire you, you would make out better because they
can finance your invention (Do you have any idea how many fees you will face
and the number of years it could take)?

Protect yourself now, visit: http://www.uspto.gov

--
______________
=====fish=====

The idea is just to make you rich and put money in your pocket or is it a
seriously real nice feature that people can actually use and might like?

"doug02346" <doug02346.1u28zy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message
news:D oug02346.1u28zy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

> I have an idea for a new product for Verizon. I have an attorney
> working on the patent. My problem is that I am not a very technical
> person. I am looking someone (hopefully in the Boston area) who has a
> great deal of cell phone technical experience who could help me develop
> the idea and bring it to market. Is there anyone out there interested?
> Thanks
>

> --
> doug02346

August 22, 2005 10:26:24 AM

To answer your questions is it a worthwhile consept, I have talked to
many people who I trust (20 or so) and they seem to think it is worth
while and a badly needed service
And...who would I sell the idea to Verizon and have them pay for
the development?

--
doug02346
August 23, 2005 3:24:10 AM

doug02346 <doug02346.1u5yby@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>To answer your questions is it a worthwhile consept, I have
>talked to many people who I trust (20 or so) and they seem
>to think it is worth while and a badly needed service
>And...who would I sell the idea to Verizon and have them
>pay for the development?

Does it have to be Verizon and not Cingular or Sprint or
somebody else ?

Won't you get a better deal by contacting several companies
(after filing a regular or provisional patent application)
and making them compete with each other ?

You can also file in other countries within 1 year after
filing in the U.S. if you don't disclose your idea to the
public before filing in the U.S.
August 23, 2005 3:53:22 AM

Treo Leo sez...

>> To answer your questions is it a worthwhile

-------<SPELLING ERROR>-------
consept,
-------</SPELLING ERROR>-------

>> I have talked to many people who I trust (20 or so)
>> and they seem to think it is worth while and a badly
>> needed service And... who would I sell the idea to
>> Verizon and have them pay for the development?
>
> Does it have to be Verizon and not
> Cingular or Sprint or somebody else ?

Exactly! Make the invention generic and you would more than quadruple your
investment many times over.

Then watch them compete for our business by offering us discounts. Make them
earn it!

> Won't you get a better deal by contacting
> several companies (after filing a regular or
> provisional patent application) and making
> them compete with each other ?

Now your talking! Short term Provisional...

> You can also file in other countries within
> 1 year after filing in the U.S. if you don't
> disclose your idea to the public before
> filing in the U.S.

Many large corporations do that all the time. Oh heck, just look at
Microsoft - those who dominate the world think big.

--

It could easily be any company, even all. In fact, that is best. I
only thought Verizon because I wanted to start somewhere. I thought it
I offered it to only one company for a limited time it would give them a
competative advantage and, thus, increasing their business and this
would giove them a reason to market it for us.

Doug

--
doug02346