[monitor] Best buy ever for games et all....

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

just upgraded from a Samtron 17' to a 19' Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930....
I would even say, its a better upgrade then from a Gefroce 4 to a 5900 :)))

Absolutly stunning contrast, colours, vivacity!!!!
--
F r e e

"F r e e" <free@spam.nothanx> wrote in message
> just upgraded from a Samtron 17' to a 19' Mitsubishi Diamond Pro
930....
> I would even say, its a better upgrade then from a Gefroce 4 to a 5900
:)))
> Absolutly stunning contrast, colours, vivacity!!!!

Always nice to hear of a positive upgrade experience. Enjoy!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

What are you some kind of idiot buying a CRT instead of a LCD??!!! :)
CRTs are a dying unneed breed. :)

F r e e wrote:
> just upgraded from a Samtron 17' to a 19' Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930....
> I would even say, its a better upgrade then from a Gefroce 4 to a 5900 :)))
>
> Absolutly stunning contrast, colours, vivacity!!!!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

> What are you some kind of idiot buying a CRT instead of a LCD??!!! :)
> CRTs are a dying unneed breed. :)

Yup, I just love nasty ghosting effects and low refresh rates! LCD's aren't
for gaming.

Guardian

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

"Destroy" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
> What are you some kind of idiot buying a CRT instead of a LCD??!!! :)
> CRTs are a dying unneed breed. :)

Actually....CRTs rule for price, brightness, color, response time,
resolution, refresh rates, multisync capability etc... LCD rules for
weight, space savings, power usage, easier on the eyes. For now at least, I
say CRTs win.... don't kill'em off yet.....give it another 3 to 5 years ;)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Thanks! You can't believe how good the darkest maps of Raven Shield look now! :p

--
F r e e

"Destroy" <no@thanks.com> escribió en el mensaje news:UUEhc.3582$kk7.2766@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> What are you some kind of idiot buying a CRT instead of a LCD??!!! :)
> CRTs are a dying unneed breed. :)

yeahhh, yeaaah, LOL

> F r e e wrote:
> > just upgraded from a Samtron 17' to a 19' Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930....
> > I would even say, its a better upgrade then from a Gefroce 4 to a 5900 :)))
> >
> > Absolutly stunning contrast, colours, vivacity!!!!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"F r e e" <free@spam.nothanx> wrote in

> just upgraded from a Samtron 17' to a 19' Mitsubishi Diamond Pro
> 930.... I would even say, its a better upgrade then from a Gefroce 4
> to a 5900 :)))
>
> Absolutly stunning contrast, colours, vivacity!!!!

I agree, getting a bigger, better monitor is usually money well spent.

I went from a Viewsonic 17PS to a Viewsonic PF815, which is a 22" monitor
(20.x" viewable). I tried a 19" but it just wasn't enough of an
improvement for me from 17". I also tried a Sony GS500 series 20"
viewable, but really didn't think it was any better than the Viewsonic
PF815. Both share the aperture grill design. The Viewsonic was 1/2 the
price and I thought it looked better.

The only regret I have about it is that it's so dam heavy it nearly breaks
my back to move it. That is the one advantage of lcd/plasma and other thin
panel displays. But they are still too high in price and with too many
limitations in terms of brightness / contrast / refresh rate / resolutions,
etc. I'm sure they will continue to improve and drop in price. Once they
get down to CRT pricing and performance then I'll consider switching.
Until then I just can't move my monitor!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Mine was 40kg packed :), got it up two flights of stairs though i took
my time :)

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 08:57:50 GMT, "Mr. Grinch" <grinch@hatespam.yucky>
wrote:

>"F r e e" <free@spam.nothanx> wrote in
>
>> just upgraded from a Samtron 17' to a 19' Mitsubishi Diamond Pro
>> 930.... I would even say, its a better upgrade then from a Gefroce 4
>> to a 5900 :)))
>>
>> Absolutly stunning contrast, colours, vivacity!!!!
>
>I agree, getting a bigger, better monitor is usually money well spent.
>
>I went from a Viewsonic 17PS to a Viewsonic PF815, which is a 22" monitor
>(20.x" viewable). I tried a 19" but it just wasn't enough of an
>improvement for me from 17". I also tried a Sony GS500 series 20"
>viewable, but really didn't think it was any better than the Viewsonic
>PF815. Both share the aperture grill design. The Viewsonic was 1/2 the
>price and I thought it looked better.
>
>The only regret I have about it is that it's so dam heavy it nearly breaks
>my back to move it. That is the one advantage of lcd/plasma and other thin
>panel displays. But they are still too high in price and with too many
>limitations in terms of brightness / contrast / refresh rate / resolutions,
>etc. I'm sure they will continue to improve and drop in price. Once they
>get down to CRT pricing and performance then I'll consider switching.
>Until then I just can't move my monitor!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Not with the 12ms ones :)