You might soon "need" 512MB VRAM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

The system resources used by this 96kb FPS are astounding.
http://www.theprodukkt.com/
17 answers Last reply
More about need 512mb vram
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    That game made a mockery of my 9700pro and brought my system to its knees.
    To think its only 96kb....

    "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
    > The system resources used by this 96kb FPS are astounding.
    > http://www.theprodukkt.com/

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "MaNiCaL" <metallis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<108ecjep39vdp4f@corp.supernews.com>...
    > That game made a mockery of my 9700pro and brought my system to its knees.
    > To think its only 96kb....
    >
    > "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
    > > The system resources used by this 96kb FPS are astounding.
    > > http://www.theprodukkt.com/

    It uses the DirectX library to render everything... so that is why it
    loads to slow and..umm... also why it's so damn heavy :-p
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "MaNiCaL" <metallis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > That game made a mockery of my 9700pro and brought my system to its knees.
    > To think its only 96kb....

    I don't think it uses any d3d or opengl accelerated functions, I guess it's
    relying purely on CPU, that's why it's so slow and small in size.

    --
    v.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Runs smooth as silk on my 9800Pro (OC'd) and 2.4C (OC'd to 3.24). I had to
    turn off AA and FSAA, though.

    Gary

    --
    Tweaks & Reviews
    www.slottweak.com

    "MaNiCaL" <metallis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > That game made a mockery of my 9700pro and brought my system to its knees.
    > To think its only 96kb....
    >
    > "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
    > > The system resources used by this 96kb FPS are astounding.
    > > http://www.theprodukkt.com/

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "GTX_SlotCar" <deroy@maine.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Runs smooth as silk on my 9800Pro (OC'd) and 2.4C (OC'd to 3.24). I had to
    > turn off AA and FSAA, though.
    >
    > Gary

    It ran fine on my FX5700Ultra. The shadows and lighting effects are
    stunning, but there's alot of jaggies....badly need AA/AF on high.

    p.s. what's your FSB running at?, 250?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Yes, excellent shadows and lighting effects. I forgot to notice what screen
    resolution it was running at. Desktop resolution? If you hit "Y", you can
    fly around :-)
    My FSB is set at 270. I can go as high as 285, but I have to crank up the
    volts to keep it stable and, despite what people think, I'm not that much of
    a hard core OC'er. I just try to squeeze out what's safe.

    Gary

    --
    Tweaks & Reviews
    www.slottweak.com

    "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "GTX_SlotCar" <deroy@maine.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Runs smooth as silk on my 9800Pro (OC'd) and 2.4C (OC'd to 3.24). I had
    > > turn off AA and FSAA, though.
    > >
    > > Gary
    > >

    > It ran fine on my FX5700Ultra. The shadows and lighting effects are
    > stunning, but there's alot of jaggies....badly need AA/AF on high.
    >
    > p.s. what's your FSB running at?, 250?

  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
    > The system resources used by this 96kb FPS are astounding.
    > http://www.theprodukkt.com/

    Ran perfectly on my 128MB 9700 at 375 /340 core/memory

    Tony
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
    > The system resources used by this 96kb FPS are astounding.
    > http://www.theprodukkt.com/

    The slowness is mainly due to the fact it uses a lot of pixel shader and
    shadows.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Vedran Parac" <vMAKNI_OVO@mail.inet.hr> wrote in message

    > "MaNiCaL" <metallis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > That game made a mockery of my 9700pro and brought my system to its
    knees.
    > > To think its only 96kb....
    >
    > I don't think it uses any d3d or opengl accelerated functions, I guess
    it's
    > relying purely on CPU, that's why it's so slow and small in size.

    Nope, it's heavily dx9.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote:
    > The system resources used by this 96kb FPS are astounding.
    > http://www.theprodukkt.com/

    This made me feel like I was running Amiga 1200 with a power card and
    cranking brand new "Alien Breed 3d II". Very nostalgic experience.
    The frame-rate varied between 15 to 22.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
    > The system resources used by this 96kb FPS are astounding.
    > http://www.theprodukkt.com/

    Runs smoothly on my 9600xt, but the resolution is very low, anyone know how
    to raise it?

    JMS

    Athlon XP 2400 @ 2200Mhz/11x200 @ 1.75.vcore
    Thermaltake Volcano 12
    ABIT AN7
    512mb GEIL 3200 RAM @ 2-3-3-6
    ASUS Radeon 9600XT, CAT 4.3
    WD 120gb SATA HDD
    Seagate 80gb ATA133 HDD
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
    > The system resources used by this 96kb FPS are astounding.
    > http://www.theprodukkt.com/

    Any one else wonder about the technology behind this amazing 96kb game, and
    how is it so big, yet so small, check out the following site. Is have some
    demos related to technique called "procedurally generated textures".

    http://www.pvrdev.com/pub/PC/eg/h/Fire.htm
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message

    > "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
    > > The system resources used by this 96kb FPS are astounding.
    > > http://www.theprodukkt.com/
    >
    > Any one else wonder about the technology behind this amazing 96kb game,
    and
    > how is it so big, yet so small, check out the following site. Is have some
    > demos related to technique called "procedurally generated textures".
    >
    > http://www.pvrdev.com/pub/PC/eg/h/Fire.htm

    The 96kb file is also highy compressed. That's what it takes so long for it
    to load. I'd like to know how big the program is once it's running. It's
    still real small no dout about that. I've seen some amazing 96kb demos
    before. I don't have the url handy, but there's a cool site that has a huge
    list of tech demos that are all 96kb or smaller. It's a German site. There's
    a contest every year to see who can code the coolest demo in the smallest
    amount of space. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about and has a link.
    JLC
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 02:09:10 GMT, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:

    ||"Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
    ||>
    ||> "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
    ||>
    ||> Any one else wonder about the technology behind this amazing 96kb game,
    ||and
    ||> how is it so big, yet so small, check out the following site. Is have some
    ||> demos related to technique called "procedurally generated textures".
    ||>
    ||> http://www.pvrdev.com/pub/PC/eg/h/Fire.htm
    ||The 96kb file is also highy compressed. That's what it takes so long for it
    ||to load. I'd like to know how big the program is once it's running. It's
    ||still real small no dout about that. I've seen some amazing 96kb demos
    ||before. I don't have the url handy, but there's a cool site that has a huge
    ||list of tech demos that are all 96kb or smaller. It's a German site. There's
    ||a contest every year to see who can code the coolest demo in the smallest
    ||amount of space. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about and has a link.
    ||JLC

    This one??

    http://and.intercon.ru/

    Pluvious
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Pluvious" <Pluvious@nowhere.com> wrote in message

    > This one??
    >
    > http://and.intercon.ru/
    >
    > Pluvious

    Yes sir! We have a winner! Your prize will be sent ASAP!
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 03:57:06 GMT, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:

    ||"Pluvious" <Pluvious@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    ||>
    ||> This one??
    ||>
    ||> http://and.intercon.ru/
    ||>
    ||> Pluvious
    ||Yes sir! We have a winner! Your prize will be sent ASAP!

    Oh goody.. I like prizes!

    Pluvious
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    And the price would be something like a 20kb game :) That need about 2000$
    worth of harware upgrade to run :)

    > On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 03:57:06 GMT, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:

    > ||"Pluvious" <Pluvious@nowhere.com> wrote in message

    > ||Yes sir! We have a winner! Your prize will be sent ASAP!
    >

    > Oh goody.. I like prizes!
    >

    > Pluvious

Nvidia FPS ATI Graphics