Gateway 500x video problem

I'm trying to repair a 500x that has lost it's video. Upon booting I get
no video at all. I resorted to using a floppy with DOS on it to boot.
After a period of about 10 minutes I could pop out the floppy and re-
boot into XP just fine - with video. I'm thinking that there is a bad
connection somewhere on the motherboard because the problem goes away
after the machine warms up a bit.

I've swapped out the video card with one that I know works and have the
same problem. I've re-seated all the cards, cables, and cpu. The problem
persisted.

Now even the floppy work-around isn't working so I think I'll just
replace the motherboard. I'm trying to decode Gateway's insane naming
system to figure out what motherboard to get. I've narrowed it down to
an Intel (Yorktown) Pentium 4 - 2.4GHz (533MHz) R1 [Part #2517505]. Can
anyone give me some advice on what the corresponding Intel model number
is? Or at least a compatible Intel MB if this one is discontinued.

Thanks,

A.Friend

Any Intel socket 478 microatx board will work. Just make sure it takes DDR
memory. The front panel connectors may not fit properly (then again, they
might). This one looks like the closest match to the current board.
http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/my/index.htm