best card for ~$100?

Im behind the times on whats out there. I use games like Flight Simulator
2004, need for speed underground, quake 3, unreal 04. Can some of you give
me your opinions on whats the best bang for buck for around 100?

"moby" <laef@calshina.com> wrote in message

" Can some of you give me your opinions on whats the best bang for buck for
around 100? "

If you can spend a little more than a $100, you could go for a Radeon 9600
Pro or a GeForce FX 5600 Ultra.

Hawk

I just bought a GeForce4 Ti4200 128 MB, AGP8x by Jaton for $114. Works
perfectly out of the box on an older classic, Jane's FA-18 and on a
new wonder, LockOn. No tweaks to default card settings or to either
game default graphics parameters.

Regards, hawk

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message news:<c6cebe$aapu9$1@ID-66441.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> "moby" <laef@calshina.com> wrote in message
>
> " Can some of you give me your opinions on whats the best bang for buck for
> around 100? "
>

> If you can spend a little more than a $100, you could go for a Radeon 9600
> Pro or a GeForce FX 5600 Ultra.

.... not the FX5600..that card isn't worth noticing...that is just
enough to keep the door open by being the wedge!

Charlie

Using the same card here and it has been so fine with FS2004 and all my
other games and graphics apps too for that matter. I actually bought an
FX5200 from Walmart but as it turned out some butthead had returned the
"5200" but put his already overclocked Ti4200 in the box with the 5200 bar
code label. He must have thought that bigger numbers meant faster gpu's.

Anyway I benefited from this scumball's dishonesty and he got stuck with a
lesser card. I paid $99 for my overclocked ti4200. With FS2004 maxed out on
everything (3d clouds at 30%) I can get 45+fps at 1152x864 and it makes me a
happy flyer!! (AMD Athlon 2600+ / 512M )

- Charlie

"hawk" <hawk@spamex.com> wrote in message
> I just bought a GeForce4 Ti4200 128 MB, AGP8x by Jaton for $114. Works
> perfectly out of the box on an older classic, Jane's FA-18 and on a
> new wonder, LockOn. No tweaks to default card settings or to either
> game default graphics parameters.
>
> Regards, hawk
>
> moby wrote:
>
> > Im behind the times on whats out there. I use games like Flight
Simulator
> > 2004, need for speed underground, quake 3, unreal 04. Can some of you
give
> > me your opinions on whats the best bang for buck for around 100?

You can get a Ti 4200, or 4400, both with 128mb for about $65 shipped on eBay.