Am I crazy for dismissing ATI over DV ?

I'm thinking I spend at least 90% of the time in 2d applications,
where Digital Vibrance is pretty indispensable. And I've never seen
an ATI/monitor combo that can deliver the same colors.

So at worst, I lose some FPS in 3d games if I go with a FX card.

seliakr@giga.com wrote:
> I'm thinking I spend at least 90% of the time in 2d applications,
> where Digital Vibrance is pretty indispensable. And I've never seen
> an ATI/monitor combo that can deliver the same colors.
>

> So at worst, I lose some FPS in 3d games if I go with a FX card.

Digital Vibrance is a gamma hack at best.

Slug

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:02:49 +0200, seliakr@giga.com wrote:

>I'm thinking I spend at least 90% of the time in 2d applications,
>where Digital Vibrance is pretty indispensable. And I've never seen
>an ATI/monitor combo that can deliver the same colors.
>

>So at worst, I lose some FPS in 3d games if I go with a FX card.

I don't use digital vibrance because to my eyes it does not look
natural and makes colours look too saturated, IMO. But an FX5950 is
not slower than an ATI 9800XT. If you look at benchmarks you will see
they are very close performance wise with Nvidia winning some and ATI
winning some. I use both ATI and Nvidia cards here.