best driver for a gf4 ti4600?

lee

As subject what is the best driver to use for the ti4600 gf4 series of
card.? I currently am using the Omega 4523a drivers but one of my games i
generally like to play (NFS Underground) gives me a problem when i press the
button to use NOS all the screen goes black for some reason and suspect its
a driver issue.

Thank you.
-----
Lee.

Use the regular 45.23 drivers. I tried the Omegas too with my 4600 and they
caused a weird lag problem.

I used to be of the thought, older was better. For my ti4200 8x AGP I always
used 44.03 Detonators.

But I started to notice jerky graphics in T3:War of the Machines. So I tried
the 56.64 Forceware drivers (because T3:WotM is a DX 9.0b game). And it
actually plays better now with the forceware drivers <even though the card
itself is a DX8 card>

Just my thought, older Detonators with DX9.0b started to show their age.

"Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> As subject what is the best driver to use for the ti4600 gf4 series of
> card.? I currently am using the Omega 4523a drivers but one of my games i
> generally like to play (NFS Underground) gives me a problem when i press
the
> button to use NOS all the screen goes black for some reason and suspect
its
> a driver issue.
>
> Thank you.
> -----
> Lee.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Hi Lee,regarding your NOS problem,there seems to be either a bug in the game
itself or something to do with drivers.(i have the same problem),,

If i want the motion blur effect(you see this when using NOS),i have to
disable the Light Trails option in the graphics setting.
I can't seem to have both,same as you get a black screen.
I use 45.23 drivers by the way.

"Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> As subject what is the best driver to use for the ti4600 gf4 series of
> card.? I currently am using the Omega 4523a drivers but one of my games i
> generally like to play (NFS Underground) gives me a problem when i press
the
> button to use NOS all the screen goes black for some reason and suspect
its
> a driver issue.
>
> Thank you.
> -----
> Lee.

lee

Hi Dave

Thank you mate! i will try what you have suggested.

Many thanks.

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:14:29 +0000 (UTC), "Dave"
<baddsxyz@xyzbtinternet.com> wrote:

>:>Hi Lee,regarding your NOS problem,there seems to be either a bug in the game
>:>itself or something to do with drivers.(i have the same problem),,
>:>
>:>If i want the motion blur effect(you see this when using NOS),i have to
>:>disable the Light Trails option in the graphics setting.
>:>I can't seem to have both,same as you get a black screen.
>:>I use 45.23 drivers by the way.
>:>
>:>
>:>
>:>"Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>:>news:v48o801u5e3qro1fr1qnf4l3h7l52r5h33@4ax.com...
>:>> As subject what is the best driver to use for the ti4600 gf4 series of
>:>> card.? I currently am using the Omega 4523a drivers but one of my games i
>:>> generally like to play (NFS Underground) gives me a problem when i press
>:>the
>:>> button to use NOS all the screen goes black for some reason and suspect
>:>its
>:>> a driver issue.
>:>>
>:>> Thank you.
>:>> -----
>:>> Lee.
>:>

-----
Lee.

Lee a écrit :
> As subject what is the best driver to use for the ti4600 gf4 series of
> card.?

I'm globally happy with 53.03. Later versions give me some minor video
troubles when starting a flight in MS FlightSim 2004.

--
Merci d'enlever le-munster-du-frigo pour me répondre par mail.
ICQ 248572128

"Every morning I wake up
on the wrong side of capitalism."

I agree. I find the 53.03 do just fine on my 4600 video card. The current
Nvidia driver available on the Nvidia site caused serious flashes on the screen
and the frame rates were reduce.

Dennis