Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 9:26:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

The above card works very well for me and covers all of my video
needs. It has one annoying problem inasmuch as if I Rt Click the
screen and select properties then click settings and advanced. I then
check the GeForce FX5200 tab and receive the message "Catastrophic
Failure" The whole properties window corrupts and then it closes. Can
anyone advise on what the problem is. I have the latest drivers
downloaded from Windows Update.

Ian
April 26, 2004 9:26:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Don't use windows update for drivers. Get them from nvidia.com. BTW, you
do need to reload the video driver.

DaveL


"Ian Pollard" <m1flc@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:jmdq80pkh7m0h2t0kq9lqg6dbic3m6r7l3@4ax.com...
> The above card works very well for me and covers all of my video
> needs. It has one annoying problem inasmuch as if I Rt Click the
> screen and select properties then click settings and advanced. I then
> check the GeForce FX5200 tab and receive the message "Catastrophic
> Failure" The whole properties window corrupts and then it closes. Can
> anyone advise on what the problem is. I have the latest drivers
> downloaded from Windows Update.
>
> Ian
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 1:44:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:33:19 -0700, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Don't use windows update for drivers. Get them from nvidia.com. BTW, you
>do need to reload the video driver.
>
>DaveL

Took your advice, downloaded drivers from nvidia.com and problem
solved. Thank You.

Ian
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 1:44:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

just remember, noone knows NVIDIA like NVIDIA. snicker. wink,

--rp


"Ian Pollard" <m1flc@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:23tq80dssstfmbr6ir9vnhjf7q8q040ica@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:33:19 -0700, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Don't use windows update for drivers. Get them from nvidia.com. BTW,
you
> >do need to reload the video driver.
> >
> >DaveL
>
> Took your advice, downloaded drivers from nvidia.com and problem
> solved. Thank You.
>
> Ian
>
!