NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 Problem

The above card works very well for me and covers all of my video
needs. It has one annoying problem inasmuch as if I Rt Click the
screen and select properties then click settings and advanced. I then
check the GeForce FX5200 tab and receive the message "Catastrophic
Failure" The whole properties window corrupts and then it closes. Can
anyone advise on what the problem is. I have the latest drivers
downloaded from Windows Update.

Ian
3 answers Last reply
More about nvidia geforce fx5200 problem

    Don't use windows update for drivers. Get them from nvidia.com. BTW, you
    do need to reload the video driver.

    DaveL

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:33:19 -0700, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >Don't use windows update for drivers. Get them from nvidia.com. BTW, you
    >do need to reload the video driver.
    >
    >DaveL

    Took your advice, downloaded drivers from nvidia.com and problem
    solved. Thank You.

    Ian

    just remember, noone knows NVIDIA like NVIDIA. snicker. wink,

    --rp

    > On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:33:19 -0700, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Don't use windows update for drivers. Get them from nvidia.com. BTW,
    you
    > >do need to reload the video driver.
    > >
    > >DaveL
    >
    > Took your advice, downloaded drivers from nvidia.com and problem
    > solved. Thank You.
    >
    > Ian

Nvidia Windows Update Geforce Graphics