Desktop wallpaper doesnt change.

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
I just installed windows 8. When I try to change my desktop background its just stuck on the sun flower. Even when I try changing to preset wallpapers it doesnt work. Any help on this.

Solution
Hi, I just figured out how to fix it myself by a complete accident!
1) have the image you want to be your background
2) rename said image to "img0" without the quotes
3) create a system restore point, this is encase all else fails and it's also required
4) go to C:\windows\web\wallpaper\windows\
5) drag, drop, and replace the the sunflower picture with your img0
6) now right click on img0 and click "set as desktop background"
7) your screen should be fully black now, that's alright. This happened with me and now I have a custom background. Go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery" without quotes. Now recover from your system recovery point you made in step 3 and Voila! after the recovery is made your image is now set.

ydude2

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Hi, I just figured out how to fix it myself by a complete accident!
1) have the image you want to be your background
2) rename said image to "img0" without the quotes
3) create a system restore point, this is encase all else fails and it's also required
4) go to C:\windows\web\wallpaper\windows\
5) drag, drop, and replace the the sunflower picture with your img0
6) now right click on img0 and click "set as desktop background"
7) your screen should be fully black now, that's alright. This happened with me and now I have a custom background. Go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery" without quotes. Now recover from your system recovery point you made in step 3 and Voila! after the recovery is made your image is now set.

Solution

Sora_Kurosaki

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
go to the control panel and in the search box type Restore Point the it should be in the system category then when u click on it, u should see a create a restore point button and there

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
everything can be found by searching the charms menu or right clicking on start and search. also right clicking on start gives you admins controls. install classic desktop brings you a familiar look.

MattCollW

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

Hi, you can try this tool Bionix Wallpaper Changer. I recently found it and it seems is pretty good and easy to use. it doesn't fail. this program changes the program at a specified time interval and it can change the wallpaper too at a specified hour. see this page for info: http://www.bionixwallpaper.com/articles/change%20the%20background%20wallpaper.html

;)

akdaney

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013

yes i have the same problem as yours, but when i download win 8 loader.exe than double click on it...........will automatically work and restart after the windows start up again you can change background and even start up screed and user account picture .
pls enjoy it.

Ancipital

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2015

Wow. You complicate your life too much. As MatCollW said, simply download Bionix Wallpaper Changer. It will never fail you. And now, the new released version v9 is FREEWARE.