Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 reinstall home built pc

Tags:
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
November 17, 2010 8:09:11 PM

Hello,
I built this PC because it was on my bucket list and it booted first time. I loaded Windows 7 Home Premiumon a 60GB OCZ SSD. No problem. Moved the Windows Temp and Tmp directories to my HHD. Everything is working fine and MS updated 54 updates. Still working fine. I started to do some more tweaks for the SSD. Got interrupted. Came back and message - Windows 7 has problems. So I tried to Repair a couple times with no success. Went back to a restore point and got it working again. Later when I started to work do some more tweaks and browse around. I get the MS message updates are ready to be installed. I clicked and indicated wait 4 hours. Got interrupted, came back in less than 30 minutes and message indicateing Windows 7 corrupted. Tried to find the restore I used before and could not find it. Looked at all the information on the PC I could find and it indicated Windows was on drive E:. Since I had not installed any other software, I decided do a clean install. Performed a clean operation on the SSD. I did not format it. Now everytime I have tried to reinstall from the original DVD, get "operating system not found". I have the boot directed to the DVD drive. Any suggestions. I know it is trying to boot from the DVD drive and the green light comes on like it is getting accessed. Thanks.
I have a Gigabyte - GA-S58A-UD3R motherboard, with Intel I-7 930 CPU and 6 GB of ram. DVD is an LGelecoem. Right now I do not have my HHD plugged in.

More about : windows reinstall home built

a b $ Windows 7
November 18, 2010 2:23:18 AM

sellect boot first priority boot for your DVD win7 & second boot for HDD, press any key to install auto from DVD select upgrade recommendement, install win7 untill finish,
sellect First Boot Priority for HDD with installed Win7 & Than install Driver for Chipset etc & SOft program, delete your win7 Old from your SSD.
m
l
November 25, 2010 1:59:28 AM

henydiah said:
sellect boot first priority boot for your DVD win7 & second boot for HDD, press any key to install auto from DVD select upgrade recommendement, install win7 untill finish,
sellect First Boot Priority for HDD with installed Win7 & Than install Driver for Chipset etc & SOft program, delete your win7 Old from your SSD.

I was following someone's tweaks for using a SSD as the system drive. I set a partition as active. When I rebooted it always looked on the SSD no matter what I did. So I went to the computer store and got a cable that would all me to connect the drive to my old PC and turn off the active status. When I rebooted, it worked fine. I'm good now.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 27, 2010 4:11:24 AM

in Bios sellect your SSD to ACHI sorry..
Old Pc not Support with SSD
m
l
December 6, 2010 11:16:33 PM

Thanks to everyone who responsed to my predictament!
m
l
!