How to Edit GPU and memory speeds in BIOS?????

My Prolink FX5900 128MB card MVGA-NVG35BA is too how with default
BIOS, although inside my case is 38C. YEs, I tried everything, trust
me. I even put in one those coll Vantec dual fan pci cards. I took me
a long time to try flashing the bios to a 9500 ultra or 5950 because
Prolink wouldn't provide me with any BIOS. But, by golly it work at
reducing the temps by 17C!

How can I change the speeds in BIOS???

Thanks

greg_2day@hotmail.com (G-imme) wrote in message news:<5e388633.0404290556.5fcfc9a2@posting.google.com>...
> My Prolink FX5900 128MB card MVGA-NVG35BA is too how with default
> BIOS, although inside my case is 38C. YEs, I tried everything, trust
> me. I even put in one those coll Vantec dual fan pci cards. I took me
> a long time to try flashing the bios to a 9500 ultra or 5950 because
> Prolink wouldn't provide me with any BIOS. But, by golly it work at
> reducing the temps by 17C!
>
> How can I change the speeds in BIOS???
>
> Thanks

Bios editor tools... there are enough of them out there..

On 29 Apr 2004 06:56:39 -0700, greg_2day@hotmail.com (G-imme) wrote:

>My Prolink FX5900 128MB card MVGA-NVG35BA is too how

how=hot ?

Idle ? GPU or memory ? In 2D (Desktop) mode ? Or what ? And if in 3D
mode, precisely how and when did you measure the temp.

> with default
>BIOS, although inside my case is 38C.

How hot ? Maybe the board vendor forgot to use any thermal grease ?

> YEs, I tried everything, trust
>me. I even put in one those coll Vantec dual fan pci cards. I took me
>a long time to try flashing the bios to a 9500 ultra or 5950 because
>Prolink wouldn't provide me with any BIOS.

This should be the very last thing that you would do if you have a
temperature problem. But hey.... anything goes with a bull in
a china-shop. You are very lucky that you still have a working
(non-returnable under warranty) board.

> But, by golly it work at
>reducing the temps by 17C!

Excellent.... did it slow down the board too in 3D mode ?
You might not notice any related performance change in
2D mode.

>How can I change the speeds in BIOS???

Huh ? So you replaced your BIOS without ever
knowing how to adjust your board clocks normally ?

Anyway, you don't change clock speeds in BIOS.
Each BIOS has fixed default settings.

Use Coolbits.reg and then the Clock Settings in the
driver menu. You set 2D and 3D separately.

John Lewis

>Thanks

I know how to enable and use coolbits. I also use the card in adual
boot system for Linux too. Linux does not have coolbits reg. I wish
to set speeds in the Bios is what I asked for help on.

I had posted a message earlier for assistance with the speeds. From
there, after many other attempt to resolve it, I flashed the BIOS.

Yes how should be hot.

Check out the thread under "Prolink FX5900 128MB heat issues"

TRENDING THREADS