XP/Win98 dualboot: Win98 can't see the card

I have a WinXP Pro/Win98SE dualboot system. Both operating systems start
without serious problems, WinXP is fine but Win98 won't see the nVidia
card.

I'm using the latest versions of the drivers dl'd from the nVidia site, but
the installer reports it cannot find an nVidia card in the PC.

I need to use Win98 as Creative Labs are a pile of wank and won't fix the
driver problem for the SBLive that cuts stereo polyphony to shreds under
WinME/XP. The problem does not occur under Win98 and I want to work with
some of the music that I originally composed under Win98.

Any ideas?

Hawk

Well, what video card does the Win98se see? Take a look in Device
Manager and check what card is reported present. You may have to
un-install all drivers and the video card (While in Win98se) and start
from scratch. You don't have to remove the card to un-install it, just
do it from device manager. And don't let Win98se install any drivers
except standard generic windows VGA drivers. (Just cancel any attempt
by Win98 to install "best drivers". Then after your Win98 starts up
with generic VGA drivers, install the correct drivers from CD or where
ever you have them.

Regards, hawk