geforce vivo ntsc or pal??

Hi all,

Gonna try to do my best in English here.
I have a Geforce4 TI 4200 with AGP8X videocard with Video in/out.
Nothing to complain off when i try to capture a videotape from my
videorecorder to my harddisk, as long as it is a "PAL" system videotape.
Now I've tried to capture a "NTSC" system videotape, but that gives me only
B/W screen.
Watching that same video on television is no problem but capture it is not
possible!
I live in the Netherlands and so i did buy that videocard here. Maybe that
is the problem, that it is a "pal" system videocard????

Is there a way to get a good color capture from a "NTSC" videotape??
Should i search the register for "tvstd" or for "videostandard" and then
change some numbers????
Anyone have any idea????

Thanks a million already!!!!

Milio
Maastricht
Netherlands
bastings-nospam-@home.nl

A given GF card will ONLY work with one or the other standard, not both.

--
DaveW

"DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:

> A given GF card will ONLY work with one or the other standard, not both.

But is it possible to make this card available for NTSC only??
Maybe change stuff in the register or something... ?
Or is this really true that if you buy a card in Europe it's only for pal,
and buy in the usa it's only for NTSC??

Thanks already!

Milio wrote:

> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:
>
>>A given GF card will ONLY work with one or the other standard, not both.
>
> But is it possible to make this card available for NTSC only??
> Maybe change stuff in the register or something... ?
> Or is this really true that if you buy a card in Europe it's only for pal,
> and buy in the usa it's only for NTSC??

I'm in a PAL-area and have a GeForce 3 with VIVO, and on that card there
is a jumper desribed in the manual as:

Use the same TV standard for all devices. For example, if your TV uses
the NTSC standard, then you should set JP1 to "NTCS".

That indicates that the jumper has to do with Video-Out. Don't know if
it is also involved with the Video-In that your question concerned.

HTH

--
Please followup in newsgroup.
E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.